Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Nordic Region
Reload this Page >

Viking Ferry - options for luggage storage outside cabin

Old May 18, 2019, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold

I'll be taking a smallish cabin on the Viking Lines ferry Gabriella between Helsinki and Stockholm, with a 25" suitcase (about 50% bigger than a roll-aboard). I doubt this bag will fit into my cabin, at least not conveniently for me and my roommate.

On the Viking web site there is mention of a luggage storage room on the ship, and also a discussion of lugage storage lockers that cost 3 - 4 Euros. Has anyone tried the luggage storage room, and if so is there a cost to check a bag in there, as opposed to the lockers?
Old May 18, 2019, 9:56 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
I don’t think you will have any trouble fitting your smallish luggage in the cabin.
:D! likes this.
Old May 20, 2019, 3:34 pm

The dimension of your suitcase you should be worried about is its depth--that is, will it fit flat under the bed in your cabin. (Answer is probably yes.)
Old May 24, 2019, 5:43 am

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Silver, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
We've had similar size luggage on the Gabriella and had no problem. But there is a concierge desk if you run into strife.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.