Karlstad Sweden > is there a hotel with connecting rooms

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....

Hi,

In the Hilton Cologne and Hilton Amsterdam they have family/connecting rooms one can book so that the grown ups and kids can stay in separate rooms without being too removed from each other. As we are traveling with our 12 year old niece you can see why we feel a little bit more protective and at the same time enjoy our privacy (and she hers too).
So best case would be deluxe king and single/twin for her (as long as there is wifi she will be happy). Are there any good hotels that would offer such a set up?

Thanks!
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
How many days are you planning to stay? (I'm also curious to know why.)

The only two hotels that possibly could have something in the city would be the Elite Stadshotellet or Scandic Karlstad City. A quick phone call would answer your question.

Edited to add: a third one is called First Hotel River C.

Last edited by pseudoswede; Feb 21, 2019 at 2:38 pm
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by pseudoswede

The only two hotels that possibly could have something in the city would be the Elite Stadshotellet or Scandic Karlstad City. A quick phone call would answer your question.

a couple of days as I visit family
Old Feb 21, 2019, 5:40 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

The Clarion Collection Plaza has some junior suites and suites. It’s one bedroom suites can be made to function as two separate rooms but the occupancy would be just 3 persons over the age of 12 years.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 5:48 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

I don’t recall any Karlstad hotels having any rooms with connecting doors with the exceptions of one bedroom suites or rooms with an attached conference room table. I’ve been using mostly Nordic Choice hotels in Karlstad, and I can’t seem to land anything bigger than a one bedroom suite at any major Scandinavian brand hotels in Sweden and can’t recall ever getting assigned any rooms with a connecting room to some separate/unrelated party’s room.

Has the OP considered an AirBnb?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 3:20 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by blitzen
Hi,

In the Hilton Cologne and Hilton Amsterdam they have family/connecting rooms one can book so that the grown ups and kids can stay in separate rooms without being too removed from each other. As we are traveling with our 12 year old niece you can see why we feel a little bit more protective and at the same time enjoy our privacy (and she hers too).
So best case would be deluxe king and single/twin for her (as long as there is wifi she will be happy). Are there any good hotels that would offer such a set up?

Thanks!
Scandic Winn has connecting rooms. Please check with them about availability and your required setup.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the input! Will check Plaza / Winn out and see if any of them work

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.