Wiki Posts
Search

Where to Stay&Connect, CPH/OSL/ARN?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM
Where to Stay&Connect, CPH/OSL/ARN?

Can I get some overall impressions for where to stay 2-4 nights. This will be a stopover on a longer itinerary originating in US, I don't have time to see as much as I would like, but I at least want to see something.

Should I look at smaller cities and connect? I really know nothing of this region and hope that some members here can lead me in the right direction. Looking for "fun" vibrant cities.

I understand this is not much to go on, but I will take any lead and then do some more research.

This will be late March to mid April. Any city there known for its food?

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 13, 2018, 5:04 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
Last time I was in CPH, there was some major conference in town, so I took the train from the airport to Malmo in Sweden. It was under an hour and I stayed at the Radisson close to the station. Some good eateries close by, but still as pricey as Copenhagen.
Otherwise, I have also stayed at the Park Inn close to the airport (I think it is two stops on the metro from the airport), and town is about 15 minutes away. There is also a beach within walking distance, but March / April may not really feature........
Old Dec 13, 2018, 12:13 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by tikchik
Can I get some overall impressions for where to stay 2-4 nights. This will be a stopover on a longer itinerary originating in US, I don't have time to see as much as I would like, but I at least want to see something.

Should I look at smaller cities and connect? I really know nothing of this region and hope that some members here can lead me in the right direction. Looking for "fun" vibrant cities.

I understand this is not much to go on, but I will take any lead and then do some more research.

This will be late March to mid April. Any city there known for its food?

Thanks in advance
I would suggest Copenhagen. You could hit Copenhagen’s highlights and dip into seeing southern Sweden too. Malmo hotels especially, but also Malmo area dining and entertainment, tend to be substantially cheaper than Copenhagen.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 6:42 am

Programs: OZ*G, QF Gold
All three cities are known for having great food scenes. In fact, the entire Nordic region is well-known in that regard.

I have been to both Copenhagen and Stockholm multiple times, and I have consumed some of the most outstanding meals and cocktails of my life in those cities. The kinds of meals and cocktails which remain my gold standard, against which all other meals and cocktails around the world are measured Both have it all: gourmet food halls and markets, excellent bakeries and cafes, "casual fine dining", fine dining, great bars, and everything in between. You won't be disappointed in either city.

Copenhagen feels more compact than Stockholm, although neither city is very big at all by US standards. With only 2-4 days, I would lean towards the Copenhagen + Malmö combination. As GUWonder pointed out, this would allow you to get a taste of both Denmark and Sweden in one go. Malmö has some lovely food too!

In terms of costs, in my experience it is Norway > Denmark > Sweden.
roadwarrier likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM
Great information! Appreciate the replies. I will update as things progress.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.