Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Nordic Region
Reload this Page >

CPH Procedures and lounges?

Old Aug 9, 18, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Getting off a cruise ship and heading straight to CPH for an Air Canada (UA Star Alliance partner) flight to YYZ. It's business class. Time might be a little tight depending on when the cruise ship docks, so looking for tips and information to navigate CPH.

Is there a dedicated international terminal that we'll likely fly out of, and a *A lounge in that terminal? Expedited security for Business Class? Any odd complications to look out for? Thanks!

Last edited by cheaptom; Aug 9, 18 at 6:00 pm
Old Aug 9, 18, 11:23 pm

From my research thus far (transiting there in a couple of months), yes there is Fast Track security, although it might not necessarily be faster so check the lines. The CPH Airport app shows waiting times but I have no idea how accurate they are. https://www.cph.dk/en/cph-business/a...ns/cph-express

You go through Security Control first and into the terminal building, which seems to be one large building split into different terminals that are interconnected.

There is a lot of talk about "fingers" and international flights go from Finger C/Pier C (Gates 15-40). When you go to the Finger C/Pier C for your flight, you'll go through Passport Control, so allow time for that.

There are lounges. Check the *A website.

I found this map to be helpful. It also shows approx. walking times between different areas.

Old Aug 10, 18, 3:46 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
The only Star Alliance lounge in CPH is the SAS lounge (5 on the terminal map) which is in the Schengen area of the airport. It will be after security but before passport control. Allow time for passport control and walking to the departure gate after leaving the lounge.
Old Aug 10, 18, 6:01 am

The airport is a medium sized airport, a bit congested at times, with many shops and restaurants airside. The airport has two "terminals", which are basically just two separate check-in areas. Airside, it is just one common area.

Check in for Air Canada is in Terminal 2, look at the map above (and the monitors when arriving).

As a business class passenger, at security you can pass through the CPH Express lines (not the SAS fast track which is only for SAS passengers). It will probably save you a couple of minutes, but security lines are not long at CPH.

You can use the SAS Lounge (no. 5 on the above map).

Pier C is for non-Schengen flights. Your flight will depart from this pier. Passport control is at the beginning of pier C, opposite the lounge. There is not much in terms of shopping on the other side of passport control in pier C, so there is no reason to go to the gate area too early. Lounge is before passport control as well.
Old Aug 10, 18, 6:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by cheaptom View Post
Getting off a cruise ship and heading straight to CPH for an Air Canada (UA Star Alliance partner) flight to YYZ. It's business class. Time might be a little tight depending on when the cruise ship docks, so looking for tips and information to navigate CPH.

Is there a dedicated international terminal that we'll likely fly out of, and a *A lounge in that terminal? Expedited security for Business Class? Any odd complications to look out for? Thanks!
The passport control lines for this flight can very very quick to very long and slow. I’ve had it take me zero to 40 minutes this year at that time of day; and sometimes the line goes from being very short to very long within less than 15 minutes. I use the Priority Pass lounges on the non-Schengen side when flying out of there at that time of day, including on this AC flight.

I fly to non-Schengen destinations from CPH a lot each month. I was supposed to fly out on SK to IAD today at 12:20, but decided to spend the weekend in the area.
Old Aug 10, 18, 8:48 am

I found CPH to be a bit unpredictable especially since they're doing construction. The nice thing is all the terminals are connected.

I flew from CPH to LHR and when I went to the passport control, there was no line so I decided to go to the SAS Lounge for a meal. I came back maybe 25 minutes later and the line was about 60 people deep and even though I had fast track and my flight was leaving in less than an hour, I was not allowed to skip the line. So only advice I have is to allow plenty of time.
Old Aug 10, 18, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for the help. I'm new to taking cruises, but I know that passport control and security are typically slower on cruise days, because a few thousand tourists are all taking the same shuttles and arriving at CPH at the same time. The map and all your answers are most helpful.
Old Aug 24, 18, 4:44 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post

The passport control lines for this flight can very very quick to very long and slow. Iíve had it take me zero to 40 minutes this year at that time of day; and sometimes the line goes from being very short to very long within less than 15 minutes. I use the Priority Pass lounges on the non-Schengen side when flying out of there at that time of day, including on this AC flight.

I fly to non-Schengen destinations from CPH a lot each month. I was supposed to fly out on SK to IAD today at 12:20, but decided to spend the weekend in the area.
Just a quick note on this. I was in the Priority Pass lounge about 10 days ago, Turkish airlines have started given their Business Class passengers access to this lounge. Though I am *A gold, i tried this as it is past the passport check instead of the usual SAS Lounge - and what a disappointing choice! They had no AC to cool it down, was boiling hot in there. And they werent allowed to open any windows due to security reasons. Food selection hardly there, guy making coffee is same person that checks you in. Quickly grabbed a cup of coffee and left. Of course it would be a lot more pleasant experience if it wasnt hot outside, but still disappointing food choices etc.
Old Aug 24, 18, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by Goaguy View Post
Just a quick note on this. I was in the Priority Pass lounge about 10 days ago, Turkish airlines have started given their Business Class passengers access to this lounge. Though I am *A gold, i tried this as it is past the passport check instead of the usual SAS Lounge - and what a disappointing choice! They had no AC to cool it down, was boiling hot in there. And they werent allowed to open any windows due to security reasons. Food selection hardly there, guy making coffee is same person that checks you in. Quickly grabbed a cup of coffee and left. Of course it would be a lot more pleasant experience if it wasnt hot outside, but still disappointing food choices etc.
There are two Priority Pass lounges on the non-Schengen side of CPH. The Eventyr lounge is better than the Turkish Primeclass lounge.
Old Aug 24, 18, 8:43 am

There are two Priority Pass lounges on the non-Schengen side of CPH. The Eventyr lounge is better than the Turkish Primeclass lounge.
I've not been the Primeclass lounge, I opted for Eventyr when I was at CPH because of the shower facilities. Food and drink are decent, nothing to write home about.
Old Aug 24, 18, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by meraki View Post
I've not been the Primeclass lounge, I opted for Eventyr when I was at CPH because of the shower facilities. Food and drink are decent, nothing to write home about.
Of the four Priority Pass-accepting lounges at CPH, the Eventyr lounge is the best of the lot. I find the Eventyr lounge to be fresher than the SAS lounge complex at CPH and its food offerings ok compared to the SAS stuff..
Old Apr 4, 19, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Of the four Priority Pass-accepting lounges at CPH, the Eventyr lounge is the best of the lot. I find the Eventyr lounge to be fresher than the SAS lounge complex at CPH and its food offerings ok compared to the SAS stuff..
So if I'm flying CPH-YYZ, the SAS lounge is before passport control. But the Priority Pass lounges are after passport control? Seems like my AC flight will depart T2, I'd rather have passport out of the way first and stay in T2.
Old Apr 4, 19, 3:06 pm

So if I'm flying CPH-YYZ, the SAS lounge is before passport control. But the Priority Pass lounges are after passport control? Seems like my AC flight will depart T2, I'd rather have passport out of the way first and stay in T2.
There isn't any Terminal 2. The entire airport is just one terminal. T2 and T3 are simply two separate check-in areas. Staying in T2 will probably get boring after a couple of hours.

The SAS lounge is before passport control, but it's a short walk to where the flight departs from. The Eventyr and Primeclass lounges are after passport control.
Old Apr 5, 19, 9:09 am

For my AC flights out of CPH, I often use the Eventyr lounge and skip the SK lounge, and thatís because of passport control line concerns and the food offering in that Priority Pass lounge being more to my liking than what SK usually has in the SK lounge. A factor at times is also that I can take in more guests without being hit by additional charges than if using the SK lounge.

The Eventyr lounge is usually closer to the AC planes at CPH than the SK lounge, but even if it werenít, better to clear passport control when there is little to no line than hope there is no sudden, long line later or other problem clearing exit passport control.
Old Apr 5, 19, 3:00 pm

Programs: TK Gold
As others have said the SK lounge is after security but before immigration. In fact it's almost directly opposite the immigration counters. I've never experienced a queue at immigration but I'm sure that depends on your time of day.
The SK lounge is typical Scandinavian - functional, clean and ordered but F&B-wise nothing to write home about. There are showers.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: