Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Nordic Region
Reload this Page >

Hotels in Norway/Oslo

Hotels in Norway/Oslo

Old May 13, 18, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Hotels in Norway/Oslo

Hello, I have a trip coming up to Norway and I've booked everything but most of the hotels have a good cancellation policy and I'm curious if anyone has any insight on whether unsold hotel rooms in Oslo get cheaper as the day of the reservation gets cheaper? I'd like to use points to book a nicer hotel room in Oslo (maybe The Thief or Continental) and cancel my budget/mid-range reservations if I can find a good deal but Oslo is the last stop in Norway so I can't spend everyday scouring for hotel rooms, just curious if I should bother doing so in the week or so leading up to my stay.
Old May 13, 18, 2:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by meraki View Post
Hello, I have a trip coming up to Norway and I've booked everything but most of the hotels have a good cancellation policy and I'm curious if anyone has any insight on whether unsold hotel rooms in Oslo get cheaper as the day of the reservation gets cheaper? I'd like to use points to book a nicer hotel room in Oslo (maybe The Thief or Continental) and cancel my budget/mid-range reservations if I can find a good deal but Oslo is the last stop in Norway so I can't spend everyday scouring for hotel rooms, just curious if I should bother doing so in the week or so leading up to my stay.
I find that the NOK prices tend to rise and availability dries up as the approach to cancellation deadline nears there.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: