Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Nordic Region
Reload this Page >

Bergen airport hotels - best for early checkin?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2018, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Starwood, Marriott, HRC

Looking at the NEW Scandic Bergen Flesland vs Clarion Choice (and have no special status in either loyalty program). Which is more likely to gracefully handle a request for early check-in? We will be arriving back in Bergen in the morning from a Hurtigruten voyage, then flying to Oslo the next morning. Ideally want to check in and settle our room, then go back into Bergen for the afternoon and evening, but be well positioned for early departure (so looking at these two hotels as least stressful morning departure.

Thnx in advance for your experienced opinions ;-)

Last edited by cafeirene; Feb 24, 2018 at 2:07 pm Reason: correct spelling
Old Feb 25, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
Originally Posted by cafeirene
Looking at the NEW Scandic Bergen Flesland vs Clarion Choice (and have no special status in either loyalty program). Which is more likely to gracefully handle a request for early check-in? We will be arriving back in Bergen in the morning from a Hurtigruten voyage, then flying to Oslo the next morning. Ideally want to check in and settle our room, then go back into Bergen for the afternoon and evening, but be well positioned for early departure (so looking at these two hotels as least stressful morning departure.

Thnx in advance for your experienced opinions ;-)
You might want to email both hotels directly, to inquire.

But also keep in mind that the Hurtigruten Coastal Cruise (is that what you'll be on?) doesn't arrive "early" the way most cruises do (e.g., often docking at 6am, with first "off" at perhaps 7 or 8, some racing to early flights...)

Reading guest reports, it seems that they must be out of their cabins/suites by 10/12, respectively, so by the time you collect luggage and get a taxi, it might not be especially "early".

See what each hotel can offer you directly in terms of room availability.

We are leaving next week for the RT

GC
cafeirene likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Starwood, Marriott, HRC
Thnx — i hadn't quite nailed down the disembarkation times, but i think this will work ok. I made a request for early checkin once i found it was at least addressed on the hotel faq. Look forward to hearing about your experience onboard and on shore since your trip is coming up soon, and ours is later this spring.

Last edited by cafeirene; Feb 26, 2018 at 10:28 am Reason: correct typing error(s)
Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
Originally Posted by cafeirene
Thnx — i hadn't quite nailed down the disembarkation times, but i think this will work ok. I made a request for early checkin once i found it was at least addressed on the hotel faq. Look forward to hearing about your experience onboard and on shore since your trip is coming up soon, and ours is later this spring.
I'll definitely be posting after the cruise, but this trip, I'm hoping to post in real time, as we travel along.
(But... you know.... the path.... is littered with good intentions!)
I'd especially like to post if we see any good Northern Lights... or any at all... as that's the question many people want answered, including us in the past.

But you might also look at www.CruiseCritic.com for some trip reviews and also general comments about Hurtigruten:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=821

There is also lots more on CruiseCritic, so do look at the listing of all sub-forums on the main list.

GC
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:40 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
In the summer, Bergen hotels sell out often and the cleaning staff don’t turn rooms fast enough for lots of very early check-ins. But given early departures, rooms do open up, faster at places where breakfast staff aren’t also doing room cleaning duties.
cafeirene likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.