Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Nordic Region
Reload this Page >

Minimum connection time for ARN (Sweden)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minimum connection time for ARN (Sweden)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2020, 6:28 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
sorry to jump in-have flights with sas and turkish (lhr to arn ,then arn to ist)
what is the min connection time?is 1hr 20mins enough?flights are on separate tkts
thanks
Old Feb 14, 2020, 4:58 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
sorry to jump in-have flights with sas and turkish (lhr to arn ,then arn to ist)
what is the min connection time?is 1hr 20mins enough?flights are on separate tkts
thanks
Normally yes if everything goes perfectly but there isn't much slack and the risk is all yours.

At LHR they should interline your bags all the way to IST so you shouldn't need to collect your bags and check in again. However ARN has several non-Schengen zones so it is likely that you will have to enter the EU then depart it again. (TK always? uses a small extra-Schengen zone while SAS from LHR mostly uses the F gates.)

If you have an EU passport entry and exit are generally very quick, however non-EU citizens can experience a queue depending on other flight arrivals and where you are on the plane.

Bottom line - if anything goes wrong you will need to buy a new last-minute ticket to IST.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 4:48 pm
1BI

Hi all,

I’ll be flying ORD-ARN-HAM in the spring. The connect time is 1:05. Theoretically both flights are in/out of T5. Is this too tight?

SAS says minimum connection time is 40 minutes. The problem is that there is only one direct flight from ARN to HAM per day if we miss the flight.

Thanks!

Last edited by 1BI; Feb 24, 2020 at 5:10 pm
Old Feb 24, 2020, 6:00 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
That's doable if your incoming flight arrives in time. Assuming you land at the F gates you have a short walk, down an escalator then the immigration is right there. Queues for EU citizens are usually short and move very quickly, other passports are usually longer and go slower - so try to get to the queue quickly. I regularly see people politely asking to be let in at the head of the queue if they have a tight connection and there doesn't seem to be a problem for the EU counters to process non EU citizens.

From there I think you will have to go landside past the luggage carousels, then re-enter (including security). But hopefully somebody else can advise on transfer options airside.

I can see there is a airside bus but it doesn't go in the direction you want (https://www.swedavia.com/arlanda/security-control/)
Old Feb 24, 2020, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by sydunipete
From there I think you will have to go landside past the luggage carousels, then re-enter (including security). But hopefully somebody else can advise on transfer options airside.
No, there's a transfer security straight ahead after immigration, about 20 meters. After transfer security, it's normally maximum 5 minutes to walk to the SAS Schengen gates.
sydunipete likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 4:39 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by 1BI
Hi all,

I’ll be flying ORD-ARN-HAM in the spring. The connect time is 1:05. Theoretically both flights are in/out of T5. Is this too tight?

SAS says minimum connection time is 40 minutes. The problem is that there is only one direct flight from ARN to HAM per day if we miss the flight.

Thanks!
As long as the flight arrives more or less on time, and you’re not close to the last off the plane, and you don’t get stuck for very long behind one or two people in the passport control line for say most US passport users, it should work out rather easily.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by RedChili
No, there's a transfer security straight ahead after immigration, about 20 meters. After transfer security, it's normally maximum 5 minutes to walk to the SAS Schengen gates.
Thanks. ARN as well as SYD are my home ports so I terminate there not transfer, but I will look out for the transfer security next time arrive in a few weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.