Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Nordic Region
Reload this Page >

What's best lounge in Stockholm Arlanda?

What's best lounge in Stockholm Arlanda?

Old May 6, 19, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by RedChili View Post
Domestic flights depart from T4.
You're absolutely right, thanks for pointing that out. T4 and T5 are pretty close though in fairness....
Old May 6, 19, 3:35 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger View Post
Why don't you spend the day in Stockholm instead?
That's a bit of a nosy question, isn't it?

But since you ask, I may spend the morning in Stockholm, or I may standby at the airport for an earlier flight to BRU. In either case, the Pontus lounge will be a welcome place to have a mid-day meal.
Old May 7, 19, 4:59 am

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I didn't mean it to be nosy, I seriously wondered why you'd be ready to spend 10+ hrs (as your schedule seems to suggest) in an airport lounge, when you could have a wonderful day in Stockholm.

On a different note - do SK offer standby for earlier flights for free? I mean it only makes sense if it's free - if you need to pay for changing the ticket, you could do it online, without having to physically STAND-BY.
Old May 8, 19, 1:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger View Post
I didn't mean it to be nosy, I seriously wondered why you'd be ready to spend 10+ hrs (as your schedule seems to suggest) in an airport lounge, when you could have a wonderful day in Stockholm.

On a different note - do SK offer standby for earlier flights for free? I mean it only makes sense if it's free - if you need to pay for changing the ticket, you could do it online, without having to physically STAND-BY.
Most tickets on SK donít seem to allow for free standby for earlier flights.

After coming into Stockholm on a ferry in the morning, maybe relaxing at the airport is better than wandering around aimlessly in Stockholm for a large part of the day? But 10 hours of airport lounge use at ARN would be several hours too much for me, even if hopping around using 4 or 5 different ARN lounge facilities on the same day.
Old May 8, 19, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
But 10 hours of airport lounge use at ARN would be several hours too much for me, even if hopping around using 4 or 5 different ARN lounge facilities on the same day.

Instead of hopping from lounge to lounge, I'd recommend going to the pool and gym at the Clarion Hotel. SEK 100 for access to outdoor pool, sauna and gym, including towels, drinking water and fruit.
Old May 8, 19, 2:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by RedChili View Post
Instead of hopping from lounge to lounge, I'd recommend going to the pool and gym at the Clarion Hotel. SEK 100 for access to outdoor pool, sauna and gym, including towels, drinking water and fruit.
Nice suggestion.

I get access to the gym there whenever I want, but I wonder if I can use that to get pool access too for no additional charge.
Old May 15, 19, 3:10 pm

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott P, IHG P
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post

Most tickets on SK donít seem to allow for free standby for earlier flights.

After coming into Stockholm on a ferry in the morning, maybe relaxing at the airport is better than wandering around aimlessly in Stockholm for a large part of the day? But 10 hours of airport lounge use at ARN would be several hours too much for me, even if hopping around using 4 or 5 different ARN lounge facilities on the same day.
Isn't Plus fares let you do that?

You don't have to wandering around aimlessly in Stockholm, OP can sign up for a city tour - that's what we did the first time visiting there. I think the National museum is open again and it's still free, another place to kill a couple of hours.
Old Jul 9, 19, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Here's my review of the Pontus in the Air Amex Lounge:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31284999-post1.html

I was also at the SK Gold Lounge by Gate 1

It's a comfortable lounge though it took me a little while to find seats with outlets

Food was pretty good. Soups, chicken skewers, salmon, salad and lots of nibbles

Booze a little on the weaker side