Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Norway, Oslo - hertz fleet

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Norway, Oslo - hertz fleet

Hi, anyone know what Hertz are running in their fleet, in Oslo train station for the following classes -

Economy [VW Polo or similar]
Compact [VW Golf or similar]

Driving from Oslo to Bergen in September, in one day, so just want to see what might be likely on the rental front.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by kingers
Hi, anyone know what Hertz are running in their fleet, in Oslo train station for the following classes -

Economy [VW Polo or similar]
Compact [VW Golf or similar]

Driving from Oslo to Bergen in September, in one day, so just want to see what might be likely on the rental front.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 11:56 am

Apologies if this is a duplicate reply, my reply won't show.
I rented from Hertz, Oslo train station in August 2015 - class VW Golf or similar. I was offered a VW Golf or Renault Megane.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I would just warn, as a general notice about Hertz in Norway - it is a FRANCHISE operation. They are stupendously slow in responding to any inquiries, and if you get any damage, you will get absolutely railed on the cost. I am currently working with my Presidential Plus CC coverage to help out on $1200(!!!) that was charged to me for a couple of minor scratches on a door.

If I had known this about them from the beginning, I would have never rented from them.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 2:49 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
You might also end up with a Toyota Yaris (Polo-class) og Auris (Golf-class).

Some franchises are very fond of the hybrids (I usually rent from Hertz in Fřrde (FDE) and Sogndal (SOG) and the local franchisee there is the local Toyota dealer)
Old Aug 1, 2016, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
I'll second the point about Hertz in Oslo Sentralstasjon and damage: they tried to get me for a scratch to a (plastic) bumper less than 5cm. I called the front desk and had them confirm that scratches less than 5cm was not chargeable and replied to the "damage control" that it was not chargeable and present already. Nothing back yet...

But get them to register any scratch no matter how small. I slipped up on this one and now I've got a load of hassle.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 11:21 am

I've rented with Hertz in Norway twice and have had zero issues. If you register all damage prior to leaving and don't damage your car there shouldn't be an issue.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 5:34 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by vthebee
I've rented with Hertz in Norway twice and have had zero issues. If you register all damage prior to leaving and don't damage your car there shouldn't be an issue.
Unlike in the US, I have never had any issues of being irregularly charged for damage while renting from Hertz or any other of the majors in Norway.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
If you register even the slightest damage, maybe you'll be OK. They're extremely sharp at Hertz Oslo Sentralstasjon, is all I'll say, and "sharp" is not a compliment in my commercial vocabulary.

In the end I got nothing back from the "damage control", so I assume they realised their error. If I ever rent from them again, I'll be sure to photograph and inspect the entire car extremely carefully.

By the way, if looking at other car rentals, many companies in Norway limit you to 150km/day with high overage like NOK 3/km, so unless you're driving little, choose carefully.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.