Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Nordic Region
Reload this Page >

Blue Lagoon - Which Ticket?

Blue Lagoon - Which Ticket?

Old Sep 1, 2015, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive- Blue, Lifemiles, AA Advantage, VIA Rail Preference, Iberia Plus
Question Blue Lagoon - Which Ticket?

Hello all,

so I'm trying to plan the end of my trip, which is visiting the Blue Lagoon before returning back to Toronto.

I'm just not sure if I should go w/ the Comfort (€50) or Premium (€65)?
Is it worth upgrading to the Premium?

I mean it would be nice to not have to bring my swim suit, but I will have sandals I travel with anyways, but the idea of a bath robe is tempting especially since it does then give me the option of hanging around outside the springs.

Lastly it seems the website says you get a free drink, does that mean you get 2 drinks included?

Premium

Visitor Pass
Entrance to Blue Lagoon
Use of Bathrobe
Use of Towel
1st Drink of your choice
Skin Care Trial Pack
Slippers
Reserved table at LAVA
Pre-drink table at LAVA

View Details
Online price from

Seems you get 1 at Lava and then another "poolside"? Or am I misreading this?

As for length, I'm thinking right now of hanging around for about 2 hrs. (arriving at around noon and then leaving for the airport at around 230pm.
Right now I'm looking at booking this w/ Reykjavik Excursions since they do allow for the Reykjavik > Blue Lagoon > KEF drop off.

Is 2hrs at the airport enough time? I'm flying back to YYZ direct.

Thanks!
Old Sep 1, 2015, 3:57 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
For 2 hours (which is the amount of time I spent there on Sunday), Comfort is fine.

You can ask for a second towel (which I did) after I was in the lagoon.

I'm not sure what you meant by " it would be nice to not have to bring my swim suit" as nothing in the Premium info you cited mentions the provision of a swim suit as far as I can see.

The second drink is if you have dinner - which means you'd have to buy dinner there (and there are excellent restaurants in Reykjavík (if you want something different but excellent and filling, try Ramen Momo).

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive- Blue, Lifemiles, AA Advantage, VIA Rail Preference, Iberia Plus
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jspira
For 2 hours (which is the amount of time I spent there on Sunday), Comfort is fine.

You can ask for a second towel (which I did) after I was in the lagoon.

I'm not sure what you meant by " it would be nice to not have to bring my swim suit" as nothing in the Premium info you cited mentions the provision of a swim suit as far as I can see.

The second drink is if you have dinner - which means you'd have to buy dinner there (and there are excellent restaurants in Reykjavík (if you want something different but excellent and filling, try Ramen Momo).

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks for clarifying that.
I'll go w/ the comfort package since I'd be going to the airport right after.
Def no time for dinner unless if I was to stay there!
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Forgot to add, does anyone have any experience w/ Reykjavik Excursions and their trips back to the airport?
From what I can tell they're the only company that does airport drop off w/ a stopover at the Blue Lagoon?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by iceblueshoes
Forgot to add, does anyone have any experience w/ Reykjavik Excursions and their trips back to the airport?
From what I can tell they're the only company that does airport drop off w/ a stopover at the Blue Lagoon?
I used RE last Weds but went from Rey-BL-Rey and not to KEF. Make sure you get the correct departure time. I thought it was 15 after the hour every hour and went for the 8:15pm return bus only to learn when I got to where the bus leaves from that there isnt any 8:15pm bus, could have spent another hour in the lagoon

I think grey Line also does the BL like RE does but with tons of fewer departures Stick with RE!

I purchased my tkt from the agent in my hotel, they sold me 2 tkts 1 for the bus and 1 for the BL, saved me 200isk. Either way you have to line up once at the BL in order to get your braclet to get in and lock a locker. If you will hav echecked bags with you go into the building where the bus leaves you off to store your bags ($). There are free lockers right after you go thru the turnstile that will hold a carry-on

It took me close to 25 mins till it was my turn at the checkin counter, it was packed at that was at 4pm. u might think about grabbing a bus an hour earlier
Old Sep 2, 2015, 7:39 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Just make sure you book BL in advance as folks without reservations have reported hours long waits.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 6:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Just make sure you book BL in advance as folks without reservations have reported hours long waits.
Last Weds the lines were very long at 4pm and it didnt make any difference if you had prepaid or 1st were going to pay at the BL. The only sort of saving grace is 1 if your a part of a tour group they have their own line as well as if you paid for the top of the line admission. Everyone else had to wait on 1 line
Old Sep 2, 2015, 6:44 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
This past Sunday I arrived a little after 16h (my reservation was for 16h but my drive took a drop longer than planned, especially since I stopped for photos in a few places).

There was no real line to speak of and I got in within minutes.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys.

I'll book this weekend, but seems I have to book my airport transfer separately sadly.
1- KEF > Reykjavik and
2- Reykjavik > BL > KEF

I plan on arriving for around noon and then taking the 2-230pm shuttle to the airport after before coming back.

Hopefully with it being "shoulder" season and earlier in the day it won't be too bad, but only 1 day to find out.

As an aside though, I have a waterproof camera, I'm thinking that it should be ok and not end up getting ruined?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 8:43 pm
Suspended

As an aside though, I have a waterproof camera, I'm thinking that it should be ok and not end up getting ruined?
You wont be the only one! There were tons of folks in the water with their phone holding it in the air which werent waterproof, and tons with a waterproof camera.I simply took the pics from the outside and then entered the water
Old Sep 2, 2015, 9:02 pm

Programs: Amex,Citi
Finalizing my plans now, trying to decide whether lunch at LAVA is worthwhile.

This is actually part of their official FAQ.
It should be fine. I'd be concerned about scratches from the silica, and definitely try to rinse it off, with clean or even distilled water, as soon as possible after.
Originally Posted by craz
Last Weds the lines were very long at 4pm and it didnt make any difference if you had prepaid or 1st were going to pay at the BL. The only sort of saving grace is 1 if your a part of a tour group they have their own line as well as if you paid for the top of the line admission. Everyone else had to wait on 1 line
Wouldn't think it would be busy on a Wednesday. Wonder what it was like today, and if things will quiet down by this time next week?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 11:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ChicagoKev

Wouldn't think it would be busy on a Wednesday. Wonder what it was like today, and if things will quiet down by this time next week?
Well when I was there last Weds, English was spoken by very few of those there

For those going take note its now Sept and the buses and everything else runs on the 'Fall' period eg last bus back to the city is now @ 9:15pm no longer an 11:15pm bus, last bus to the BL from the city is 6pm no more 7 or 8pm buses BL to KEF are only @ 12:30/2:30/3:30 and from KEF to BL 9:30/11:30/12:30/4:30p/5:30p
Old Sep 3, 2015, 7:05 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Originally Posted by craz
Well when I was there last Weds, English was spoken by very few of those there

For those going take note its now Sept and the buses and everything else runs on the 'Fall' period eg last bus back to the city is now @ 9:15pm no longer an 11:15pm bus, last bus to the BL from the city is 6pm no more 7 or 8pm buses BL to KEF are only @ 12:30/2:30/3:30 and from KEF to BL 9:30/11:30/12:30/4:30p/5:30p
Very few of the tourists? Or very few of the help?

We've only found one Icelandic person in the tourist industry who didn't speak perfect English so far: The taxi driver on our first trip from the airport to Reykjavik (we didn't know about Flybus). Really got us nervous about communicating. And it's never happened again.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 1:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Very few of the tourists? Or very few of the help?

We've only found one Icelandic person in the tourist industry who didn't speak perfect English so far: The taxi driver on our first trip from the airport to Reykjavik (we didn't know about Flybus). Really got us nervous about communicating. And it's never happened again.

Its a total guess on my part as I didnt ask anyone where they were from. I heard what sounded like Eastern Europe/Russia. There was a bus load of Asians . Thats for those who were in the lagoon waters. when I heard English it was usually between 2 people, and the groups 3+ folks were mainly speaking something other then English. Now I basicaly hung out by the so called geyser where the boiling water comes up from, and the area by the steam rooms/waterfall. Could be had I hung by where you exit the building where most folks were that I would have heard more English. Total time there just over 3 hrs in the water
Old Sep 3, 2015, 3:47 pm

When we did 10 days in Iceland 2 years ago, once we left Reykjavik, we didn't meet any other US citizens until we were in the Myvatn Nature Baths. Every other tourist we met was from Europe or Asia.

I'm certain that ratio has changed in just these 2 years.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.