Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help choosing LAX-CPH carrier

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2019, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Help choosing LAX-CPH carrier

I have to travel to Copenhagen for the first time. Will be a business trip so flying J.

My choices are: SAS, LH, UA, DL, AF on either A318 or A319.
it looks like the 318 has a more preferable layout 1-2-1 vs 2-2-2 which puts DL and AF in the lead.

I have no status on any of these carriers. Any recommendations on which to choose if comfort is my main objective?

Thanks,
Herrick
Old Aug 19, 2019, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, looks like those are the connecting craft.
have 380 or 777 as the LAX-Europe options
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do you have status with an major alliance carrier: AA, UA, DL or other?
But even that status may not give you a lot. In paid business class you getting most of the status benefits. But can earn ff miles to your USA airline ffp.

SAS a more direct route, with a shorter second flight. So more time to enjoy the long haul.
Great Circle Mapper
You may be being offered codeshares: check the real operator

For me I would look the departure & arrivals times, and overall duration.
Sensible hours vs unsociable hours can make a difference. And balance out a perception of comfort
Old Aug 20, 2019, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for that handy map-very useful!

Until now, business has taken me mostly to India so my only status is Emirates Gold and no one appears to match that. I actually see that they fly the route but it’s longer and I’m in the mood to try something new.

It may boil down to who has lie-flat vs angled seats.
Looking at AF 2-2-2 layout doesn’t make me like it any more.

i think Emirates may have spoiled me
Old Aug 25, 2019, 9:06 am

If direct to CPH then SKs Vantage XL seat is hard to beat. Any allegiance? Then go with that. SK beats LH and UA for seat. If AF is 1-2-1 then I’d choose that if you need sky team miles. No experience with DL aircrafts on that route.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 11:00 am

Programs: Yeah, well, don’t really care anymore
Flying AF would entail a connection in CDG. Avoid CDG at all cost. UA and AA probably goes via LHR. Avoid LHR at all cost. KL is via AMS, but it's a sodding 777 which, apart from being noisy, is also blessed with 2-3-2 seating. Avoid 777s and 2-3-2 at all cost.

SAS is the easiest option, and they have a very nice j-class seat. That's all that really matters; time and seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.