Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Nordic Region
Reload this Page >

Short trip to Norway in late October

Short trip to Norway in late October

Old Aug 26, 2014, 3:56 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by SoloTravelerinRed
Thanks a lot for the info. I am now more interested in Tromsø. Should I rent a car or join a tour if I want to chase the northern lights at night?
I think I would join a tour if I were you. Tromsø is a difficult city to drive (I arrived from there half an hour ago), and I think you are more likely to be lucky on a tour, and if you don't get to see the northern light, at least you get to know a lot about it
Old Aug 30, 2014, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, SPG Preferred
Originally Posted by ksu
I think I would join a tour if I were you. Tromsø is a difficult city to drive (I arrived from there half an hour ago), and I think you are more likely to be lucky on a tour, and if you don't get to see the northern light, at least you get to know a lot about it
You are right. It seems the tour guides will drive as far as it takes to see the northern lights. If you know some good tour companies, please feel free to refer. Thanks again.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

What will be the traditional Norwegian dishes that we must try? What will be the best we have to try?
Old Sep 21, 2014, 3:37 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
What will be the traditional Norwegian dishes that we must try? What will be the best we have to try?
Anythng with game or reindeer. Sami reindeer stew/ soup, called bidos is very good. Fresh fish
Old Sep 23, 2014, 12:08 pm

I am planning to take a short trip to Norway in late October, about 4 nights. I really want to see the northern lights, but not sure if late Oct is a good time to go. Anyone has any suggestions how my itinerary should be like? I have never been to Norway though, so I also want to visit Oslo. Is one full day in Oslo good enough considering I only have limited time? Looking forward to hearing from you guys!! Thanks in advance.
I'm also going to Oslo late October for a 1 day stopover...Hoping I'll get lucky with the northern lights on that day.....

I will be leaving from SFO!
Old Sep 23, 2014, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by emofeng
I'm also going to Oslo late October for a 1 day stopover...Hoping I'll get lucky with the northern lights on that day.....

I will be leaving from SFO!
I will be there last weekend of October. Keep our fingers crossed!! Hope we both are lucky!!
Old Sep 28, 2014, 12:41 pm

Programs: EB
Are you still going to Tromsø? It isn't a difficult drive at all.... I'd really recommend a rental car

Ask me anything, I've lived in the town for 22 years. let me know and i'll hook you up with my aurora-sightings-roadtrip-map ^
Old Sep 29, 2014, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pangro
Are you still going to Tromsø? It isn't a difficult drive at all.... I'd really recommend a rental car

Ask me anything, I've lived in the town for 22 years. let me know and i'll hook you up with my aurora-sightings-roadtrip-map ^
Yes, I am going to Tromsø on October 24 and will stay for two nights. Have already booked the airline tix from Oslo to Tromsø. However, I am about to book tours to chase the northern lights. I will send you a private message to get some details about your aurora-sightings-roadtrip-map! Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.