Wiki Posts
Search

Blue Lagoon questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2016, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold
Blue Lagoon questions

We are headed to Reykjavik for a long weekend in a couple of weeks. We have booked everything we want to do except our trip over to the Blue Lagoon. I had a couple of questions that I couldn't find the answers to in a search on the forum (apologies if I missed something).

1. We are staying at the Hilton Reykjavik Nordica and have noticed that there are several companies that do the combined bus/entrance ticket. Is one company better than the others? They all seem roughly the same price, so just wondered if there was one with more frequencies, etc.

2. Is it worth it to get an in-water massage? DH and I are both on the fence, so any first hand accounts of whether this is worth the extra money would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Apr 18, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
All bus companies provide the same service. No difference. Just find the one that works for your times. Note, most bus services don't include admission to the blue lagoon, just the transport.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 2:10 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
BF1624 is correct.

Make sure you book your entrance to the Lagoon ahead of time. The line for "walk-ins" can be hours long and folks without reservations have been turned away.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold
Thanks all. Appreciate the input.
Old May 5, 2016, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA, NW
My trip was five years ago, but I managed to find an airport bus service for my last day that picked you up at your hotel, took you to the Blue Lagoon, and picked you up a few hours later to go to KEF while keeping your luggage on the bus. I believe admission to the Blue Lagoon was included.

The best hint I received from a previous traveler was not to put your head under the water because the minerals will coat your hair and make it feel as if it has a lot of hairspray on it. I was careful, but I did get some of the ends wet, and sure enough, they ended up feeling stiff and a bit sticky.
Old May 6, 2016, 6:00 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
That service still exists. You can pay in advance for admission with the bus fare or pay separately.
Old May 18, 2016, 6:48 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
We just been there- better book the massage in advance if you can (worth it), but if not put it as a request and then ask both at entry or walk to the poolside cafe and ask them to check (reserve entrance in advance, we saw long long lines of people waiting, and it is actually appreciated that they do not let it overcrowd).

I think the premium ticket is very good and cost efficient (including the comp drink at the pool bar and the restaurant with lunch). 20 minutes or so from the airport. We personally used a car rental, but there are plenty of bus services available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.