broken ac in vacasa condo before trip

Old Aug 1, 2023, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k; Marriott Titanium
broken ac in vacasa condo before trip

Hi, I have a question that hope someone here can answer. We booked a condo through vrbo (which is actually ran by vacasa), and the stay starts in less than 2 days. This morning I received an email stating "the AC in the home is broken; it is most likely not going to be fixed". We specifically booked the condo because it has AC, so we would like to cancel and stay somewhere else. (The official cancellation date has long passed.) After many calls, I simply receive an email saying that "if you cancel there won't be any refund". Calling vacasa is like calling a broken record. The "customer experience team" only repeats the same sentences again and again ('your request has been noted; a local staff will reach out to you" or "this is the policy and there is nothing else that I can do") My question is: can I cancel and dispute the credit card charge, since they are not delivering the product/service as promised (in this case a working ac). Thanks in advance for any help!!
Old Sep 9, 2023, 9:06 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
Just saw this vacasa is never any help

I realize you probably completed your trip by now, but I wanted to add that Vacasa has never been any help but I never got properties in a minute. You might have some success contesting the charge on your credit card and explaining the situation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.