Stop Hotels.com Rewards night from expiring

Old Dec 25, 2022, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Stop Hotels.com Rewards night from expiring

I have a hotels.com expiring next week, and we were going to go out of town just for the heck of it, but the weather has been bad, as everyone knows. I then stopped to think that there has to be cheap rooms somewhere in the world. I found one in Vietnam for $7. My question is, can I book a non-refundable room, and just not show up, to extend my Hotels.com rewards nights for the next year? If yes, and i do this, do I have to email the proprietor so that they don't mark me as a "no-show" or does it not matter?

Figured that someone on this forum may have experience with this. Thanks!
Old Dec 26, 2022, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by Tsonder305
I have a hotels.com expiring next week, and we were going to go out of town just for the heck of it, but the weather has been bad, as everyone knows. I then stopped to think that there has to be cheap rooms somewhere in the world. I found one in Vietnam for $7. My question is, can I book a non-refundable room, and just not show up, to extend my Hotels.com rewards nights for the next year? If yes, and i do this, do I have to email the proprietor so that they don't mark me as a "no-show" or does it not matter?

Figured that someone on this forum may have experience with this. Thanks!
You generally have to actually stay to get the credit. I'm not sure if the proprietor would be willing to mark you as "checked in" if you call and ask, depending on the property it may just be a lowly front desk agent's job to do these things and they may or may not be willing to bend the rules for you.

If you simply no-show, you'd lose the money and not get the night credit either, so no point.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 8:30 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
You can book a room for a friend/family member or a homeless person for one night. While logged into your account, remove your name from the Guest line & put in the real guest's name. The stay will be credited to your account.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I have a different IRL experience - needed the 10th night, so I booked a $5 prepaid night somewhere in Burma or Malaysia, while not being even on the same continent. The night posted the day after the "stay"

As usual, YMMV
The doomed likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.