AirBnB Cancellation Due to Tropical Storm Claudette

Old Jun 28, 2021, 5:12 pm
Suspended
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

AirBnB Cancellation Due to Tropical Storm Claudette

A family member booked AirBnB stay in Houston, Texas with own Chase CSP card paid in full. But due to Tropical Storm Claudette, the road trip was cancelled, but to Florida instead. AirBnB would not issue full refund, but only issued about half refund.

I do not use AirBnB much and not familiar with the cancellation policy. Since this is a named tropical storm, I figure we have reason to cancel the booking and not driving into the storm path.

Also, the booking was paid in full with Chase CSP. That card offers trip cancellation protection.

I'm thinking of calling Chase to open a charge dispute first against AirBnB. If that does not go well, we can call Chase to file a trip cancellation claim.

This is one of the main reasons I do not deal with AirBnB....
Old Aug 8, 2021, 5:06 pm

Programs: None
I do not use AirBnB much and not familiar with the cancellation policy.
At the risk of stating the obvious, I would think your first step should be to read airbnb's cancellation policy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.