Finding rentals in lower keys

Old Jan 4, 2021, 12:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: status free since 2017
Finding rentals in lower keys

Mrs CnO and I are spending some time in south FL while working remotely in this winter. We are renting a small place in Sunny Isles but wouldn't mind a week's getaway to Key West as well (anytime in February).
Airbnb prices seem quite ridiculous. Would there be any other alternatives? I considered looking at some timeshare rentals but I am not well familiar with those programs.

Hyatt and Marriott point redemptions seem to be little too high (especially for Key west). Would appreciate any suggestions here!
Old Jan 14, 2021, 9:43 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Try Vacasa.com , they may have some inventory that is not available on other sites, but in general, this is going to be an expensive time of year to go down there.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Sometimes true bed and breakfast places are cheaper in Key West.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 9:50 am

Programs: HH Diamond
I have rented some places via VRBO in Key West, including an amazing place in the old Navy HQ in Truman Annex with a patio view of the sunset every night, but they were not cheap.

Sometimes, I find VRBO better for week long rentals than Air BNB. Other times, its the same.

Just know that this is prime time for the Keys, especially this year. And we never were able to stay at that place again as it is booked up so quickly.

Hotels like the Southernmost are great non chain options, but, again, really pricey. You can find cheaper out by the airport and off the island (like on Stock Island) but you might as well be in the upper keys if you stay there. As you are not in old town.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
We even tried to get places over the summer and it was outrageous pricing. We did find a nice place for only $6k a night.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 9:58 am

During winter times, i would suggest going through airbnb. But look for prices during time frame of November, thats when host will edit their prices and lower them at least 50% because no one wants to be there during winter.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.