Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Non-hotel Lodging Services including Airbnb and VRBO
Reload this Page >

Are there hotel/apartment hybrids? (Apartments with bars)

Old Nov 13, 2020, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Hey guys,
I was living in NYC staying at the Hotel/Ballroom hybrid where the hotel had events where people would come and party. It was easy to be social and meet people. However, now I'm currently at a "luxury apartment complex" but my neighbors are the "get off my lawn" type." Where they have all these rules about guests.... Despite being centrally located its not a place to socialize..etc. I would be interested in moving to an apartment with a ballroom/club/bar underneath where there are lots of people to socialize with. (Of course after the whole pandemic is over.)

I have rented an airbnb's but they also have all these strict guest policies. If anyone knows other resources as well that could point me to the right direction I appreciate it.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 3:49 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Enrique300
Hey guys,
I was living in NYC staying at the Hotel/Ballroom hybrid where the hotel had events where people would come and party. It was easy to be social and meet people. However, now I'm currently at a "luxury apartment complex" but my neighbors are the "get off my lawn" type." Where they have all these rules about guests.... Despite being centrally located its not a place to socialize..etc. I would be interested in moving to an apartment with a ballroom/club/bar underneath where there are lots of people to socialize with. (Of course after the whole pandemic is over.)

I have rented an airbnb's but they also have all these strict guest policies. If anyone knows other resources as well that could point me to the right direction I appreciate it.
When I used to have an apartment in the Essex House in NYC, there was the bar/restaurant (and elsewhere at times) for entertaining visitors if not bringing them up to the apartment for entertainment. There are quite a few condo-hotels in various larger cities around the US where this is possible; and some such apartments are historically available for lease too via the hotel and/or the property's condo sales/rental staff. But with a public nightclub vibe for the dancing crowd? Not where I'd stay.

About apartment-only complexes having a bar? Well, it's generally not going to be found except where the apartment owner/operator wants to pony up for (and manages to get) a liquor license or some other approval making it commercially viable and legally possible to have what you want at an otherwise residential-only property.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 8:10 pm

You are allowed to have guests at your airbnb!

Originally Posted by Enrique300
Hey guys,
I have rented an airbnb's but they also have all these strict guest policies. .
Old Nov 25, 2020, 6:24 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Airbnbliving
You are allowed to have guests at your airbnb!
That depends. I've seen AirBnBs where the owners/renting party have limits about the AirBnB customers having guests. For example, I've seen rented places on AirBnB where bringing others to the pool on premises was expressly disallowed.

And if it's about stays in NYC, pool or not, there have been AirBNB-unit providers who themselves or whose building front desk personnel would try to restrict guests from coming into the units if they weren't explicitly named people authorized by the owner/renting party.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.