Having a problem with a Novasol Booking in NL

Old Jan 9, 20, 4:34 am
Original Poster
Join Date: May 2018
Programs: Flying Blue, BAEC, VAFC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors
Posts: 180
Having a problem with a Novasol Booking in NL

I've used the same third party to book privately rented homes on a holiday park in the Netherlands for the past three years, Novasol.

2018 and 2019 went without a hitch, so I booked again for 2020, for a different property on the same park with the same owner. Have paid a deposit of 81GBP.

In October, I received an email from Novasol alleging that I had refused, during the course of 2018's booking, to pay a cleaning fee, the police were called and that I had been banned from the park, the landlord and the agency.

This didn't happen.

I asked them to double-check their records, and got this reply:

"Thank you for your e-mail.
We have contacted our product department to find out what has happened in the past.
First of all, our sincere apologies. They let us know there was made a terrible mistake. The e-mail send by the house owner was not in regards to your booking, but the booking after your stay. The wrong customer (you in this case) has been put on our watch list.
Your booking had nothing to do with this e-mail and the new booking will not be cancelled! Furthermore, we will immediately adjust your name on this list to the name of the customer who is supposed to be on this.
Again, our sincere apologies!"

All sorted, I thought.

Except I got the same email again, suggesting that I have been banned by the landlord, the park and the agency (for a this time unspecified reason) and that I'd be getting my deposit back.

Again I've asked them what the heck they think is going on, and am waiting for them to get back to me.

Meanwhile, I've sent them a Subject Access Request, and I've found an alternative property, somewhat more expensive but still affordable, in the same part of the park, booking directly with the owner of that property.

So I'm thinking that regardless of whether Novasol realise they've made a mistake again, I demand my deposit back anyway (or do a chargeback) due to the uncertainty of not knowing if I'll have the booking honoured anyway.

Thing is, I don't want to burn my bridges, and I certainly don't want them thinking I've done anything wrong and am accepting the sanction in any way.

What would the collected wisdom of this forum do?
DeeGee26.2 is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: