Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airbnb host

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2019, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Airbnb host

Hey everyone, I'm going to start as an airbnb host, so I would appreciate if you tell me what's the most important things for you to rent a house for a day/week. For example, you got used to stay at a hotel on a business trip for a day or two. What would make you change your opinion? I am going to purchase smart locks, dehumidifers, AC. Small things which will make people feel comfortable
Old Dec 21, 2019, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Z_Thomas
Hey everyone, I'm going to start as an airbnb host, so I would appreciate if you tell me what's the most important things for you to rent a house for a day/week. For example, you got used to stay at a hotel on a business trip for a day or two. What would make you change your opinion? I am going to purchase smart locks, dehumidifers, AC. Small things which will make people feel comfortable
Where is the property?

Have a safe and quiet property, with excellent, sturdy bedding is important. Good wifi signal, heating or AC, and stove, fridge and cooking utinsels are at the top of my list. Having a restaurant guide, and things to do in the area in the unit always helps.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 12:17 am
Original Poster

In Atlanta.
You mentioned all the obvious things, but the restaurant guide is a good idea, thanks. I am talking about things when you enter the room and think "wow, that's nice"

Upd. one pore thing to the original post. I am choosing a dehumidifier, advise me one, please. I found this list https://houseweather.org/best-30-pint-dehumidifier/, though, and guess will take Black+Decker. But if you had a deal with any of those let me know please

Last edited by Z_Thomas; Dec 23, 2019 at 3:22 am
Old Dec 27, 2019, 6:35 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Aside from a safe location, clean furniture and carpet, and other basics, I like a nightstand that is suitable and large enough for a book, glasses, and my phone. I also like a luggage rack, so my suitcase doesn't end up on the floor. I travel with one bag only, so often I do minor handwashing, a retractable clothes line in the shower or patio is a huge plus. Or European style clothes rack, but those aren't common in the USA and take up more room.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA GfL
I was a Superhost for 6 years and can suggest the following:

In the bathroom(s): Proper personal care products/supplies like decent-quality shampoo and conditioner, soap, decent-quality toilet paper and tissues, good quality towels, possibly hand lotion. In the kitchen: the usual complement of pots and pans, dishes/glassware/mugs, cooking utensils, silverware; basic cooking supplies like salt & pepper, cooking oil, and milk; paper towels, dish soap, sponges, dish towels; coffee/filters/tea/sugar and bottled water if the tap water in your area is suspect. In the bedroom(s): nightstand(s) with reading light, sufficient and easily usable outlets (get a multi-outlet extension cord if outlets are hard to access), a good-quality mattress, decent-quality linens and pillows (WASH your pillows periodically so they don’t smell gross), both lighter and heavier blankets (WASH your blankets after every stay). In the laundry room, if there is one: laundry detergent and dryer sheets. Good wifi is essential and a streaming-capable TV is a nice thing to provide.

Thorough cleaning of all spaces between every guest goes without saying. There is nothing that turns people off more than evidence of past guests like hairs on blankets or in the bathroom, etc.

Nice touches include not just a restaurant guide, but also a guide to nearby things like supermarkets and drug stores, things to do in the area, public transit, etc. Another nice touch is some kind of food “extra” like cookies, fruit, etc. that can be left for guests at the start of each stay.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 12:19 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Definitely a safe and easy-to-access location (with good public transport links, for example), and a small amount of amenities goes a long way.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Z_Thomas
I personally like to give the guest the assurance that they will be provided with a towel and washcloth. They sometimes ask for laundry unit and i tell them is in premises. Sometimes adding all the whistles in the description will help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.