Airbnb charge was pending and now disappeared?

Old May 5, 2019, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Airbnb charge was pending and now disappeared?

I looked on my credit card account, the airbnb charge disappeared, but my credit limit is still lower by that amount. What the heck? Is this normal?
Old May 7, 2019, 6:38 pm

Programs: None
Did you choose to have airbnb debit you for 100% of the cost of your reservation at the time of booking? Or did you choose to pay 50% now and then the other 50% toward the check-in date? I'm not saying this is the reason, but it could be something to consider.
Old May 13, 2019, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by stormpelt
I looked on my credit card account, the airbnb charge disappeared, but my credit limit is still lower by that amount. What the heck? Is this normal?
This could be an authorization hold not an actual charge. Merchants would sometimes do this to see if the credit card you used is valid and to ensure that you have sufficient funds.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.