Wiki Posts
Search

Vacate order for AirBnB host's apartment

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2017, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: None
Vacate order for AirBnB host's apartment

Anyone had to deal with an AirBnB host in your apartment building who continued to allow renters entering the apartment even after the city issued a vacate order? The host removed the vacate order from the entrance door so the unsuspecting renters entered the apartment not knowing that they could be arrested. I informed AirBnB of this host's action, but so far received no reply.
Brendan likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Call 311 to report them. Does your building have some management company you can contact?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Airbnb don't care if owners break the law. Their T&Cs pass responsibility onto the host. It would be expensive to monitor and bad for business to exclude properties.

Often the host isn't even the owner, but have simply rented a place and are sub-letting it illegally. That way they can avoid any sanctions the city can impose.
Brendan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.