Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tried AirBNB for business trip - Never Again

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2017, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, Fairmont Pl, Accor Pl, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Platinum
Tried AirBNB for business trip - Never Again

My business partner and I tried AirBNB on a recent business trip because we are getting tired of hotels and stay in small Italian towns most of the time - so it seemed like a good option.

Drove 4 hours to a confirmed AirBNB reservation. It was closed. Called the number - they forgot we were coming. Raining outside - had to wait 2 hours for rooms to be ready. Shotty internet. etc. etc.

Host was very nice and we quietly left without complaint - it was mostly our fault for booking it for a business trip.

While AirBNB may be nice for personal travel to allow more varied experiences - we wont use it again for business - because it can lead to more varied experiences . . .
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
1) Did you communicate at all with the host prior to the stay? The first time I used AirBnB, I communicated with the hosts a few times before showing up to confirm dates, times, locations, etc. Bad on the host for forgetting, but communication is key, I've found.

2) Would you have had to drive 4 hours either way? Assuming this is more to suggest that you were tired and would have appreciated the host and room being ready when you arrived, and that a hotel would have been in the same area had you gone that route.

3) Don't know that you can make a judgement after one experience, but that's your prerogative. To that point, though, I've never done AirBnB for business, although that is because I work for a large corporation and I'm required to use our travel portal which does not include AirBnB, HomeAway, etc. I have used it for personal travel and it's been positive.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:46 am

Programs: SK*D; Accor & Starwood Plat
You can also get very bad experiences with hotels. It happened to me that I had to sleep in a conference room an an army camp bed type since the hotel was overbooked.

I am using airbnb from time to time for long business stay where I want to be able to cook my own food and it went well so far but I communicate a lot upfront with the host to make sure the place will be up to my expectations. Hosts usually like people traveling for business as the risks for damages / noises / problems with neighbors is then minimized.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.