Wiki Posts
Search

Sprinklers in AirBNB properties

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2016, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: delta airline
Sprinklers in AirBNB properties

Does anyone know why sprinklers are not required for AirBNB locations for guest safety?
Does anyone know why there is no key control procedure for AirBNB properties?.
I do not see the same sense of concern for safety and securit as I do with major hotel chains?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 5:52 am

747122 welcome to FlyerTalk and the QR forum.

FlyerTalk have just started a new forum for AirBNB etc http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/non-h...rbnb-vrbo-757/. I am requesting the Moderators to move your post there.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 9:23 am

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by 747122
Does anyone know why sprinklers are not required for AirBNB locations for guest safety?
Because sprinklers are not required in private homes, which is where you are staying. Does your house have sprinklers? If not, why haven't you installed them for your own safety or that of your guests?
Originally Posted by 747122
Does anyone know why there is no key control procedure for AirBNB properties?
Not sure what you mean by "key control." If you mean control over the keys to a guest's room, think of B&Bs, many of which don't have keys to guest rooms at all.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:43 pm

I believe sprinkler requirements in homes are based on building codes, which vary from state to state and country to country.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 1:54 pm

747122 With AirBNB you are a guest in a private home and the owner decides what to supply. I you want the "sense of concern for safety and securit as I do with major hotel chains" then you should pay up and stay there.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by emagin
I believe sprinkler requirements in homes are based on building codes, which vary from state to state and country to country.
Yep. For instance my building requires sprinklers since its a mid-rise multi-family.

airbnb is not a hotel service so the standards for everything is based on laws from city to city, state to state, and country to country. For instance some area require inspections and lodging taxes to be paid and others have no regulations at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.