Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Beware of VRBO/HomeAway's Outrageous 6% Fee

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:12 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Moderator Action: Sorry to move this thread again, but I do believe that BUDGET TRAVEL is the appropriate and permanent home. Please follow the discussion there. Thanks
Old Sep 21, 2016, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA LT G (1MM);DL G, UA GM
Another data point: I'm looking for a 9-night stay beginning next week, and looked today at a property I've rented before. The pricing has changed several times just in the last few hours! When I contacted the owner to verify availability, the listing price was $76/night on HomeAway; 2 1/2 hours later it was $87 and $90 on the same search results page, just a few listings apart--and I had not refreshed the page from before. Out of curiosity I searched on VRBO, which listed the property for $112/night. Just now, half an hour later, searching Abritel (same parent company) using private mode with a different browser, the same property lists at 121€. Make of this what you will; I'll be avoiding this company from now on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.