Inspirato

Old Apr 14, 2015, 10:35 am
2yd

Programs: HH Silver; SPG Gold; AMX Bus Plat.; NWA BizPerks
Here is the email I received this morning. Still on the fence:

"Hi 2yd,
If you can make a decision in the next few days, I can waive your first-year $3,600 Annual Membership Fee (in addition to the Pay Over 12 Months offer below). This means you can enjoy the full club experience as an Inspirato Core Member after just one payment of $1,250.
Are you interested?
Please reply before these incentives expire on Friday!"

Certainly enticing to give it a try at this rate.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by 2yd

"Hi 2yd,
If you can make a decision in the next few days, I can waive your first-year $3,600 Annual Membership Fee (in addition to the Pay Over 12 Months offer below). This means you can enjoy the full club experience as an Inspirato Core Member after just one payment of $1,250.
Are you interested?

I assume you're still on the hook for the remaining $13,750...they're now just giving the option to split the payments over the course of a year. It really all just comes down to how you typically vacation. I just booked a one-week stay in Hawaii for $7,500 that would have cost over $30,000 had I booked through the resort directly. In this particular example, the membership has more than paid for itself. Again, happy to answer any questions any of you might have. Although we know some people who work for the company, my wife and I took a bit of a leap of faith when we joined, as we had never spoken with a current member. One year later, we feel that Inspirato has far exceeded our expectations.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by 2yd

"Hi 2yd,
Are you interested?

Any idea what prompted the email? Did you respond to an offer?
Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:35 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Originally Posted by SusanDK
Any idea what prompted the email? Did you respond to an offer?
I got it as well, I think it's the standard increasing offer for those of us who recently registered our info.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 8:54 am
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
amex contacted a residence owner on behalf of inspirato seeking to lease their residence? interesting. always good to see that some are real leases and not just brokering rentals.
Yep. It can only be rented through Inspirato.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
Here's a new article today from Forbes.com. Membership just hit 10,000

http://www.forbes.com/sites/douggoll...ination-clubs/
Old Jul 19, 2015, 10:36 am

ANybody has any success canceling? I tried to use their phone numbers and nobody ever pick them up.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
ANybody has any success canceling? I tried to use their phone numbers and nobody ever pick them up.
Cancel a membership or get off their mailing list? If you're actually a member, you should have multiple personal contacts on your personal service team. The main number (303) 586-7771.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, HERTZ, BA, UA, CO, JB
So a question that I have is whether you have to pay the annual fee every year if you decided that you may not use it for a particular year. The initiation fee is one thing but I hate to keep on paying if I only want to take advange let's say 2 out of 5 years.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
"You may terminate your Membership at any time upon thirty (30) days written notice to Operator at 1637 Wazee Street, Suite 400,
Denver, Colorado 80202 or via email to [email protected]."
Old Jul 20, 2015, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by flyerwanabe1
So a question that I have is whether you have to pay the annual fee every year if you decided that you may not use it for a particular year. The initiation fee is one thing but I hate to keep on paying if I only want to take advange let's say 2 out of 5 years.
I don't believe you can suspend your membership, but I can inquire. Now that they have added the new hotel partnerships, there is a much higher likelihood that members will use even more nights. So, even if you don't need a 3+ bedroom residence, you can take advantage of room rates significantly lower that what it would cost to book through various hotels directly. I believe that this, combined with the Jaunt program, will lead to the Inspirato member using the program for even more nights per year. The recent Forbes article said the average member uses the program 15 nights today compared with 9 nights in 2013, and this new hotel partnership was just announced in the last few weeks.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

In my opinion Inspirato changes the game for destination vacations. It's pretty amazing.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 12:33 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Amex Platinum, Inspirato, UA Spouse of GS,Amanjunkie,Starwood Platinum,Hyatt Diam
Smile

I just became an Inspirato Core member and am very impressed thus far. I had a few calls and have learned many details about the club. As people who know me, I am very particular about our hotel stays and am interested to see how Inspirato service compares. I have a good feeling - thus far it has been great and our personal vacation advisor team has really gone out of their way to get to know us. Have already booked a few homes for upcoming trips. I am also looking at their 4BR at Hualalai - was not much more than some of the hotel's regular guest rooms.

I will also be meeting with the Inspirato CEO in the next few weeks. Happy to discuss more - just PM me. If anyone is in NYC (members or potentials), I'd love to to meet in person over a cocktail as well!
Old Oct 29, 2015, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
Just received a mailer from Amex inviting me to join Inspirato and pay no initiation fee ($17,500 savings), annual membership fee of $2600 ($400 discount) and one annual guest pass each year ($5000 savings). I have no idea what this is and whether it's worth it or not, or what a guest pass is. Anyone else have a clue?
We received the same thing, it looks pretty good and if it is endorsed by American Express, it is trustworthy. My husband and I travel a lot. We joined an Exclusive Travel Club about 8 months ago, which have saved members 6.9 million dollars. We have used it several times this year for our flights, hotels, transfers and saved significantly plus they accredited reward points in our account to be used for future travel, which is another saving. We only invested $1,100; one time fee. We are so excited!

Last edited by mia; Oct 29, 2015 at 2:54 pm
Old Jan 6, 2016, 11:13 am

Anyone else have recent reviews of this club. I am thinking of joining

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.