Inspirato

Old Mar 20, 15, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri View Post
while i would not be in the market right now, i wish there was a destination club that owned at amanresorts and four seasons that i could look forward to saving up for. oh well.
I would love for there to be more Four Seasons options, although there are a few with Inspirato right now. The best one is a 4-BR house that allows full access to the Four Seasons Hualalai on the Big Island of Hawaii. They also have three "Signature Stays" (2BR, 3BR and 4BR) at the Four Seasons Nevis. Unlike "Signature Residences," "Signature Stays" are NOT exclusive to Inspirato members. So, the rates usually aren't as different as booking directly through the resort.

They also have two 4-BR Signature Residences next door to the Four Seasons in Peninsula Papagayo. The access, however, is to the Poro Poro club, which is owned by Exclusive Resorts
Old Mar 20, 15, 4:52 pm

I have been told it has three properties here at the Dorado Beach/Ritz Reserve Resort.

Two units at the Plantation condos and one house near Ricky Martin's place in the Dorado a estates section.

They have some golf carts with their logo on it too.
Old Mar 20, 15, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
I have been told it has three properties here at the Dorado Beach/Ritz Reserve Resort.

Two units at the Plantation condos and one house near Ricky Martin's place in the Dorado a estates section.

They have some golf carts with their logo on it too.
Yep, they have 5 Signature Residences in Dorado Beach with access to the Ritz and/or the Dorado Beach Resort. All four come with one or two 4-person golf carts. The two homes are 5,000+ square feet.

There are also 4 Signature Residences in Bahia Beach with access to the St. Regis & the Bahia Beach Club. Inspirato Members, Jay Cutler & Kristin Cavallari, were just there: http://magazine.inspirato.com/happen...with-inspirato
Old Mar 20, 15, 11:02 pm

I found the following quote directly from Inspirato's website, which should help clear up that they are not a brokerage.

"Our $700+ million portfolio of more than 235 Signature Residences offers a level of consistent excellence often unavailable through online villa rental providers. Before designating a home as a Signature Residence, we typically invest an average of $50,000 in upgrades to ensure that the furnishings, bedding and linens, and other features are consistent with our exacting expectations. We fully manage and control each Signature Residence 365 days a year, and they are available only to our members and guests. We never place these homes into a "rental pool" for public use. And each Signature Residence vacation comes with dedicated Destination Concierge service to ensure your trip is the best it can be."

https://www.inspirato.com/membership/membership-faq

Here are a couple of additional links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDj8O5qbpho
https://vimeo.com/121679230
Old Mar 21, 15, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

its a lot harder to do due diligence on leases compared to ownership

not sure when you first started looking at inspirato, but IIRC they did not originally differentiate between "signature residence" and not on their website

before ER development in costa rica was built, members had access to (at $300 or $600 per night) four seasons estate villas (hotel currently charges $10K > $30K per night for them)
Old Mar 21, 15, 7:29 pm

its a lot harder to do due diligence on leases compared to ownership

not sure when you first started looking at inspirato, but IIRC they did not originally differentiate between "signature residence" and not on their website

before ER development in costa rica was built, members had access to (at $300 or $600 per night) four seasons estate villas (hotel currently charges $10K > $30K per night for them)
I started my DD in March 2013 after the partnership with American Express was announced, so I can't speak to the time between 2011 and early '13.

Living here in Inspirato's home of Denver, I do know a bunch of people who work for the company, and they say it has been a lease-only company since Day 1. It does seem that they have worked on finding more ways to add value to the club since inception, so it's possible the "Signature Stays" and "Certified Collection" are the manifestation of that. I'm not sure when those two categories started. While nice to have, the Signature Residences are why I joined.

Speaking of Denver, if you happen to live in the Denver area, Inspirato is that much better of a deal. They have a suite at the Pepsi Center, and members receive complimentary suite tickets to Colorado Avalance, Denver Nuggets and Colorado Mammouth games, as well as to concerts and events held here in the arena. Once a month, there is a ticket request form that comes out, and you get to submit a request for between 1 and 4 tickets to the various events in the coming months. They also have a dining program, where members receive preferred reservations and perks at some of Denver's hottest restaurants.

It also makes "Jaunt" much easier to use, as driving up to Vail, Beaver Creek, Aspen or Snowmass is much easier than having to find last-minute air travel.
Old Mar 21, 15, 11:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP
FWIW, I've been an Inspirato member for about 4* years now. There seems to be quite a bit of misinformation going around in this thread.

Originally Posted by safigan View Post
Sometimes the destination club owns the homes, sometimes it leases them.

Most luxury destination clubs went bankrupt in the housing crisis, leaving their members high and dry (and minus their sizable refundable deposits). Exclusive Resorts was one of the few that weathered the storm-- partly because they were the most expensive-- and Portico and Inspirato were formed after the housing crisis as a less expensive alternative.
Inspirato actually owns none of the properties they have in their portfolio. They are all long-term leases from owners, which dramatically lowers their overall overhead, thus greatly reducing the end cost of membership. Portico (which is now owned by Inspirato) and Inspirato aren't "less expensive" alternatives per se - they're smarter alternatives, IMO. ER's staggering upfront cost includes buying into ownership of properties in the portfolio, which not many people I've encountered over the years that have been a member of both really have an interest in. You can argue it either way, but you're still plopping down a massive nut to become a member of ER, then paying a sizable nut every year to have a limited number of days access per year that don't rollover if you don't use them. It's not practical for most people. I know I don't have any interest in owning a small fraction of a bunch of houses that I really, truly don't even own.

they are a rental broker
if you are happy finding rentals yourself, there is unlikely any added value
Originally Posted by globalmogul View Post
I went through the Inspirato shpeel & honestly, I find better rates on VRBO for properties that may not be the exact caliber but are very fine in every way. I did not see the value in any membership that has upfront fees PLUS fees per stay. I could see if if they were exclusive Inspirato owned properties, but this is not the case.
I disagree. Inspirato is a lot more than a rental broker. They offer plenty of services to members beyond just hawking vacation time. Their signature residences are always guaranteed to be great, and they stand by their product if it's not. I've only had one time in 4* years where it didn't exactly meet my expectations, and they comped me for the problems our family had with the house. Good luck with that on VRBO, et al. Not only that, but having a full selection of destination staff that's always in touch with the home office is an invaluable perk. Again, you don't get that on VRBO.

----

I would just like to add a few more words of praise about how satisfied I've been with Inspirato. I see a lot of people in this thread complaining about the initiation fee. More than just saying "you get what you pay for," $17,500 really isn't that unreasonable for the access you get to some of their terrific properties. If it was any lower (which I think we paid about $10,000 AI when we joined way back when), there would be hordes of members that would dilute the overall value, IMO. After all, it is a club you're joining. You don't just walk into your local golf club and say "I just don't feel like paying for anything. Why don't you just give me everything for free and I'll go tell everyone about how great this is!" I know we all come onto this site and bargain hunt, but even with the run-of-the-mill Amex discount, Inspirato is still a great deal if you appreciate having 5-star hotel service in multimillion dollar homes that can house large groups/families. Off peak nightly rates rival that of most 5-star hotels, but you get so much more with Inspirato.

Then, we compare to ER. ~$300k upfront, $30k per year for around a month's worth of included days. It would take me decades to spend over that threshold with Inspirato, and require me to vacation many weeks a year during peak times to get even close. $17,500 + $2,500 suddenly looks like a bargain. ER does have some spectacular properties, but so does Inspirato for a lot less cost and risk.

I, as well, would be happy to answer any questions. I've been to a ton of different Inspirato properties over the years. I've already spent 2 weeks in 2 properties this year, and headed to Tuscany in a couple weeks for another, then back to Cabo late April with family. We use it quite a bit, and I've seen tremendous value out of it. I've referred 2 members, and they're both also very happy with their membership and the value they get out of it. I've also connected with many members in the club through both Inspirato sanctioned events and meeting members through travel. Not once have I met anyone dissatisfied with their membership.

EDIT: looks like I responded to some 2 year old posts. Oops!

Last edited by blakepilot; Mar 22, 15 at 12:40 am
Old Mar 21, 15, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by blakepilot View Post
FWIW, I've been an Inspirato member for about 7 years now. There seems to be quite a bit of misinformation going around in this thread.

Inspirato actually owns none of the properties they have in their portfolio. They are all long-term leases from owners, which dramatically lowers their overall overhead, thus greatly reducing the end cost of membership. Portico and Inspirato aren't "less expensive" alternatives per se - they're smarter alternatives, IMO. ER's staggering upfront cost includes buying into ownership of properties in the portfolio, which not many people I've encountered over the years that have been a member of both really have an interest in. You can argue it either way, but you're still plopping down a massive nut to become a member of ER, then paying a sizable nut every year to have a limited number of days access per year that don't rollover if you don't use them. It's not practical for most people. I know I don't have any interest in owning a small fraction of a bunch of houses that I really, truly don't even own.

I disagree. Inspirato is a lot more than a rental broker. They offer plenty of services to members beyond just hawking vacation time. Their signature residences are always guaranteed to be great, and they stand by their product if it's not. I've only had one time in 7 years where it didn't exactly meet my expectations, and they comped me for the problems our family had with the house. Good luck with that on VRBO, et al. Not only that, but having a full selection of destination staff that's always in touch with the home office is an invaluable perk. Again, you don't get that on VRBO.

----

I would just like to add a few more words of praise about how satisfied I've been with Inspirato. I see a lot of people in this thread complaining about the initiation fee. More than just saying "you get what you pay for," $17,500 really isn't that unreasonable for the access you get to some of their terrific properties. If it was any lower (which I think we paid about $10,000 AI when we joined way back when), there would be hordes of members that would dilute the overall value, IMO. After all, it is a club you're joining. You don't just walk into your local golf club and say "I just don't feel like paying for anything. Why don't you just give me everything for free and I'll go tell everyone about how great this is!" I know we all come onto this site and bargain hunt, but even with the run-of-the-mill Amex discount, Inspirato is still a great deal if you appreciate having 5-star hotel service in multimillion dollar homes that can house large groups/families. Off peak nightly rates rival that of most 5-star hotels, but you get so much more with Inspirato.

Then, we compare to ER. ~$300k upfront, $30k per year for around a month's worth of included days. It would take me decades to spend over that threshold with Inspirato, and require me to vacation many weeks a year during peak times to get even close. $17,500 + $2,500 suddenly looks like a bargain. ER does have some spectacular properties, but so does Inspirato for a lot less cost and risk.

I, as well, would be happy to answer any questions. I've been to a ton of different Inspirato properties over the years. I've already spent 2 weeks in 2 properties this year, and headed to Tuscany in a couple weeks for another, then back to Cabo late April with family. We use it quite a bit, and I've seen tremendous value out of it. I've referred 2 members, and they're both also very happy with their membership and the value they get out of it. I've also connected with many members in the club through both Inspirato sanctioned events and meeting members through travel. Not once have I met anyone dissatisfied with their membership.

EDIT: looks like I responded to some 2 year old posts. Oops!
^ Well said, blakepilot. I was feeling the same way about some of the misinformation I was reading. But, it's nice to have another member commenting about the club. Something else to note is how fast-growing the club is. There were 2,000 members in May of 2012, then 4,000 members in July '13, and there are over 8,000 members today. With that, there has been a lot of new stuff added. New properties are being added left and right, Jaunt 52 was added last August, there are a lot of great trips such as exclusive members-only cruises on Silversea, trips to the Oscars, the Masters, Kentucky Derby, Super Bowl etc. Also, I noticed that you are based in DFW. I've heard rumors about Inspirato trying to get a suite at the American Airlines Center, just like they have here in Denver. My family tries to take advantage of an Avalanche or Nuggets game once a month, and it's awesome to get 4 free suite tickets.

The properties are truly incredible, though. And it's amazing to see the before and after photos of how some of the residences were furnished before Inspirato's operations team completes the installation. I would definitely argue their level of detail is on par with Four Seasons.
Old Mar 22, 15, 12:32 am

Programs: AA EXP
I'm sorry I misspoke. We joined spring 2011. A little off my estimate. Anyway, we've been there since near beginning. Seems like a lot longer than that ago.
Old Mar 22, 15, 7:44 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Moderator reminder

Please do not offer referrals in this thread. The reason it was closed two years ago is that it attracted posts from people who contributed no information, just posted referral offers.
Old Mar 22, 15, 12:37 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Originally Posted by WheelsFirst View Post
I got this too. I'm sure they will hound you over the phone to join after filling out the form, I wonder if putting a "mistyped" phone number would still yield receipt of the gift card?
No phone spam so far, but 11 emails.
Old Apr 5, 15, 11:23 pm

Here's a great informational video with the CEO of Inspirato. It's a couple of years old, but the main information is still valid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEus9OkehUs
Old Apr 7, 15, 10:15 am

Programs: Accor Plat, SPG Gold, MR Silver, BA Gold, DL Silver, Amex Plat (IDC)

I got this offer by email today. Price is the same, but maybe easier in my mind!

mean Core Membership for $15'000 total + the $3'600 annual fee
Old Apr 7, 15, 1:28 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Originally Posted by travellingcari View Post
3) You're mailing a virtual gift card, seriously? You're as inane as Achievmint.
Gift card came over the weekend.
Emails have trickled off..
Old Apr 10, 15, 8:52 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Only what my AmEx Plat offers me
FWIW.... I got my $25 AmEx gift card today in the mail.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: