Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inspirato

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SusanDK
I was just looking at the updated tiers and it appears as if the Key membership does not have access to any of the Jaunt options. Is this correct?

Is the "guest" membership different than the 6-month trial that karaferris480 refers to? I assume the latter gives access to member rates. What about Jaunts?
There isn't a "guest membership." It's simply the ability to book an Inspirato residence without being a member. No access to Jaunt or any of the other club benefits. Simply the ability to book a residence one off at higher rates than members pay. But obviously no initiation or dues are required. It's great for someone who needs a residence one time (maybe a family reunion or something like that). The 6-month trial makes you a member for 6-months, and allows you to try before you buy.

Lastly, the KEY membership absolutely does allow you to book JAUNT options. However, FAMILY and EXECUTIVE members get a 1 or 2 day head start. So, those of us with the higher levels of membership get to book JAUNT deals at 1pm Mountain Time each Wednesday. I believe it's 1pm Mountain Time on Thursday for KEY members. While there are plenty of great options available after the first 24 hours, the absolute best deals are often booked right at 1pm on Wednesday.
SusanDK likes this.

Last edited by nddomer04; May 20, 2018 at 2:45 pm
Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
Just returned back from a great trip to Maui, and I posted a review in the Trip Reports forum. We stayed at Inspirato's "Oneloa" residence at the Montage Kapalua Bay.

Inspirato - Montage Kapalua Bay (Oneloa Residence)
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:30 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion, Southwest Companion, United Premier Gold, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by SusanDK
I was just looking at the updated tiers and it appears as if the Key membership does not have access to any of the Jaunt options. Is this correct?

Is the "guest" membership different than the 6-month trial that karaferris480 refers to? I assume the latter gives access to member rates. What about Jaunts?

I've been keeping an eye on this one with interest. Any idea how the unlimited free nights at <30 days out works in practice? It sounds good, but if there is limited availability, perhaps not so useful.

We are spontaneous travelers so almost always looking for short notice availability, which is why Inspirato's Jaunt options appealed.
Went in on an Executive Membership with some friends.

Last edited by mia; Aug 22, 2018 at 7:35 am
Old Sep 16, 2018, 5:25 pm

Programs: Amex
I am intrigued by Inspirato but nervous to pull the trigger at the current costs. I see that there is potential for existing members to share a code for a trial or family membership. Does anyone have a code they would be willing to share? Thank you!
Old Sep 19, 2018, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by coreyb8042
I am intrigued by Inspirato but nervous to pull the trigger at the current costs. I see that there is potential for existing members to share a code for a trial or family membership. Does anyone have a code they would be willing to share? Thank you!
PM sent!
Old Dec 15, 2018, 9:48 am

Hello board, new here. Stumbled upon the forum researching Inspirato. Do they have a trial membership or was that just a buy invite only promotion? We are joining Club 33 at wdw and prefer not to spend more initiation dues without certainty we will enjoy the membership.

Last edited by mia; Dec 15, 2018 at 10:00 am
Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Raddoc17
Hello board, new here. Stumbled upon the forum researching Inspirato. Do they have a trial membership or was that just a buy invite only promotion? We are joining Club 33 at wdw and prefer not to spend more initiation dues without certainty we will enjoy the membership.
We're members, and whenever we've had friends inquire they've always been generous with making their homes available. In fact, one complaint Inspirato members have had in the past year is the for a while they were making the homes available to EVERYONE- you could book them off of vrbo. Obviously for a higher cost than members, but that was problematic and upsetting. I believe they've reacted to that and pulled them down to some extent... But they will not be restrictive with you if they believe you are a potential member. Negotiate if they don't allow it at first....

As a member since almost the beginning, I'll say that it has its ups and downs. The biggest perk, to me, is their jaunts.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 12:40 pm

Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by SD2906
Totally understand the concern. I just sent you a PM and would be more than happy to try and help!

Last edited by nddomer04; Dec 31, 2018 at 1:56 pm
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
My interest in Inspirato has been rekindled but would love to hear thoughts from current members on a couple things before committing:

1. We live in the Bay Area and would primarily use this for road trips where we'd take the dog. There are many dog-friendly hotels in the portfolio that we typically stay at but could just book through other channels (e.g. directly, hotels.com, Amex FHR), but most of the private homes have a no pet policy. Would membership still be worth it if the vast majority of our Inspirato usage would be for hotels?

2. It seems like the length of stay is most economical for a week+ stay but we prefer short weekend getaways (2-3 nights). Does membership make sense for that type of travel pattern or is this really meant for long stays?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by sfoactuary
My interest in Inspirato has been rekindled but would love to hear thoughts from current members on a couple things before committing:

1. We live in the Bay Area and would primarily use this for road trips where we'd take the dog. There are many dog-friendly hotels in the portfolio that we typically stay at but could just book through other channels (e.g. directly, hotels.com, Amex FHR), but most of the private homes have a no pet policy. Would membership still be worth it if the vast majority of our Inspirato usage would be for hotels?

2. It seems like the length of stay is most economical for a week+ stay but we prefer short weekend getaways (2-3 nights). Does membership make sense for that type of travel pattern or is this really meant for long stays?
Based on what you're saying above, I don't know that Inspirato is going to be a great fit for you. While there may be pet-friendly hotels that Inspirato partners with, the vast majority of Inspirato-only residences do not allow pets. As a member, I view the hotel partners as a value-add. The bread & butter of Inspirato are the exclusive residences and private member-only experiences (Masters, Super Bowl, Wimbledon, Ryder Cup, etc). I've had perfectly fine experiences at a few of the hotel partners booked through Inspirato, but there was nothing different about the stay than had I booked directly through the resort. The prices were lower than direct through the hotel, however. But the residences are a completely different experience. The destination planning team, the on-site concierge team, and the incredible quality of the actual residences are part of what makes Inspirato so special. Certainly there are members who travel differently than I do with my large & young family. But I really think you need to take advantage of a residence at least once a year to make membership worth it....at least at the Family level.

In terms of your second question, 7 night trips are definitely the best pricing. But that's for residences. If you're looking at hotels, the nightly rates should be fairly constant regardless of the number of nights. But if you're only looking for a residence for 2-3 nights, then I agree that Inspirato may not be a great fit.

Of course, all of the above is based on booking Inspirato's rack rates. This all goes out the window with their incredible Jaunt Now & Jaunt 52 programs. These are often much shorter than 7 nights with nightly rates significantly less than what a 7-night trip's nightly average would have been. Frankly, I know plenty of people who have just joined for the Jaunt program, and then they sprinkle in the occasional regular trip. But "Jaunt 52" deals extend from a couple of weeks to a full year in advance and typically range anywhere from about 3 to 9 nights, with most being in the 3 to 7 range. Jaunt Now is for travel within the next 30 days and offers even lower pricing for people who can make quicker travel decisions on available properties. Lastly, "Jaunt Hotels" offers discounts for hotels outside of Inspirato's partnerships.
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 11:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nddomer04
Based on what you're saying above, I don't know that Inspirato is going to be a great fit for you. While there may be pet-friendly hotels that Inspirato partners with, the vast majority of Inspirato-only residences do not allow pets. As a member, I view the hotel partners as a value-add. The bread & butter of Inspirato are the exclusive residences and private member-only experiences (Masters, Super Bowl, Wimbledon, Ryder Cup, etc). I've had perfectly fine experiences at a few of the hotel partners booked through Inspirato, but there was nothing different about the stay than had I booked directly through the resort. The prices were lower than direct through the hotel, however. But the residences are a completely different experience. The destination planning team, the on-site concierge team, and the incredible quality of the actual residences are part of what makes Inspirato so special. Certainly there are members who travel differently than I do with my large & young family. But I really think you need to take advantage of a residence at least once a year to make membership worth it....at least at the Family level.

In terms of your second question, 7 night trips are definitely the best pricing. But that's for residences. If you're looking at hotels, the nightly rates should be fairly constant regardless of the number of nights. But if you're only looking for a residence for 2-3 nights, then I agree that Inspirato may not be a great fit.

Of course, all of the above is based on booking Inspirato's rack rates. This all goes out the window with their incredible Jaunt Now & Jaunt 52 programs. These are often much shorter than 7 nights with nightly rates significantly less than what a 7-night trip's nightly average would have been. Frankly, I know plenty of people who have just joined for the Jaunt program, and then they sprinkle in the occasional regular trip. But "Jaunt 52" deals extend from a couple of weeks to a full year in advance and typically range anywhere from about 3 to 9 nights, with most being in the 3 to 7 range. Jaunt Now is for travel within the next 30 days and offers even lower pricing for people who can make quicker travel decisions on available properties. Lastly, "Jaunt Hotels" offers discounts for hotels outside of Inspirato's partnerships.
Thanks so much for the detailed reply (and for the quick response to my PM). You confirmed my suspicions that given my current travel patterns, I'm probably just better off sticking with what I'm doing with hotel bookings and it's not worth it if I won't be taking advantage of the residences. Will certainly keep this on the radar for the future in case circumstances change.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 5:23 am

Programs: UA GS, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Raddoc17
We are members of both, and get much more utility from Club 33.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by NJMichigan

We are members of both, and get much more utility from Club 33.
I don't want to derail the thread by going off topic, but could you share a bit about how you use Club 33 (understanding the confidentiality issues). Feel free to PM. We live nearby although don't spend much time currently at WDW but wondered if this would enhance the experience for us.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 5:40 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by sfoactuary
Thanks so much for the detailed reply (and for the quick response to my PM). You confirmed my suspicions that given my current travel patterns, I'm probably just better off sticking with what I'm doing with hotel bookings and it's not worth it if I won't be taking advantage of the residences. Will certainly keep this on the radar for the future in case circumstances change.
I believe that’s the prudent step. As I’ve said before in this space, the jaunts are amazing and the trips to the residences are one of a kind (our weeklong stay in a Tuscan villa was an all time family highlight), but we struggle annually with the value proposition.

My parents in their mid-70s generate fantastic value out of their membership since they are flexible on time and place. As a family with two teenagers, we struggle to match. That said.....I’m still a member because when you do hit those residences.....
TravelinSperry likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.