Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New York City
Reload this Page >

EWR Inter-Terminal Connections (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EWR Inter-Terminal Connections (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2019, 5:41 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by ariel_sjo
Hello, a complicated one, but I would like to hear your opinion:

International to international

Arriving on AV from SJO via SAL, terminal B, 2:45pm; connecting with DIFFERENT TICKET to TLV on UA, terminal C, 4:50pm. Do you think we can make it to the flight to TLV? I'm from Costa Rica, so we are not Global Entry yet.
Have you already ticketed this trip? If so, why ask now if you can make it?

You're playing with fire if you have checked luggage. The cutoff for UA international baggage checking is 60 minutes so that's 3:50 PM. You'll have to make it through immigration and customs by, I would think, no later than 3:30 PM so you'll have time to take the AirTrain over to Terminal C in time for the baggage checkin. Without Global Entry, it's far from assured.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 7:41 am

Programs: Avianca LifeMiles. Hilton (G), Meliá (G), Radisson (G). National Car (EE), Hertz (PC), Avis (PC)
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
Have you already ticketed this trip? If so, why ask now if you can make it?

You're playing with fire if you have checked luggage. The cutoff for UA international baggage checking is 60 minutes so that's 3:50 PM. You'll have to make it through immigration and customs by, I would think, no later than 3:30 PM so you'll have time to take the AirTrain over to Terminal C in time for the baggage checkin. Without Global Entry, it's far from assured.
No ticket yet, and yes, checked luggage.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by ariel_sjo
No ticket yet, and yes, checked luggage.
In that case, I wouldn't try this if doing it with separate tickets. Have you considered flying into EWR the day before and getting a hotel?

edit: Is there a special reason you're trying this on separate tickets?

Last edited by JimInOhio; Jul 24, 2019 at 8:35 am
Old Jul 24, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: Avianca LifeMiles. Hilton (G), Meliá (G), Radisson (G). National Car (EE), Hertz (PC), Avis (PC)
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
In that case, I wouldn't try this if doing it with separate tickets. Have you considered flying into EWR the day before and getting a hotel?

edit: Is there a special reason you're trying this on separate tickets?
I'm planning to redeem LifeMiles, but the system is not allowing to merge one-way tickets with United. My safe bet will be the UA night service to TLV, but the availability is not enough for us (only one seat available at this time, and that's two of us).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.