Wiki Posts
Search

Time to get married on layover?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2008, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, United Premier Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Oh yes, how could I have forgotten to mention this -

At the Millenium Hilton, we were originally upgraded to a junior suite after Brian called and let the manager know that we would be getting married while staying there. Once we arrived, we loved the junior suite that we were in, but the safe in the room was not functional. After security came up to our room, and tried for over half an hour to repair it, they asked if we would like to switch rooms. We said that we really liked that room, and we would like to get another one like it if possible. The response was that they could move us to the second best suite in the hotel, but it was a smoking area. So, we took it and ended up in the mayoral suite on the top floor! It had a large dining room table, a small kitchen, 1 1/2 baths, two large flat screen televisions and a large sofa. And, btw, there was little to no cigarette smoke smell detectable. We had a great view of the WTC site and could also just make out the Statue of Liberty to our left. We also received a complimentary bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries! All of the staff we encountered there were incredible - definitely one of our most memorable Hilton stays ever!

Also, at the Conrad in Brussels, we were upgraded to a premium guest room, and upon arrival, treated to a bottle of Moet, a box of Dandoy windmill cookies and strawberries with warm belgian chocolate for dipping. It was a perfect welcome indeed!

Last edited by ADKOP; Aug 10, 2008 at 11:51 am Reason: update
Old Aug 10, 2008, 11:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update on the big day & afterwards. And to Seth for the pics! Ignore the grouch Have a happy life together!

Cheers.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 11:48 am

Programs: ALLLLLLL of them. Well, most...
Wowee!

i'm sorry i missed it but thanks for the 'shout out'. we flew to richmond that day or i would have loved to attend.

the hotel sounds awesome, and i have to say the other standout is having 'brooklyn bridge' listed as your wedding location - that's very cool. i'm kind of a fan of the whirlwind trip on some occasions and i think you made good use of your time here - sunrise on the ferry, for example (which i've never done).

looking forward to seeing any photos you want to share of ams. congrats again!
Old Aug 10, 2008, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA MM
Great pix, Seth! Welldone!

Congrats to the happy couple!!! A cool plan.

What a cool use of FT, hope we'll see your posts elsewhere on the forum!
Old Aug 10, 2008, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Great photos and so glad it worked out for the OP ... Congratyulations!!
Old Aug 12, 2008, 7:45 am
Original Poster

a few pics posterd

I posted photos on myspace from leaving SAT on 7-24 through arriving at EWR after the ceremony on 7-25. These include the ceremony photos that Seth made with my camera as well as my Mom's camera.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=79280993
It was the quickest place for me to upload them for now. Only a couple thousand more to sort through for the rest of the trip!

Last edited by ADKOP; Aug 12, 2008 at 7:57 am
Old Aug 14, 2008, 8:41 am
Original Poster

I moved the photos to Photobucket. I didn't realize you need a myspace account to view pics on there.

http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/h...view=slideshowWedding

http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/h...view=slideshowNYC

http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/h...view=slideshowBrussels

Only through the first day in Belgium so far and haven't had time to add any captions yet.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 1:21 pm
DG

Programs: AA Gold; NWA Silver
Congratulations! What an awesome plan, and I am glad it all worked out! I can totally understand your initial intention of keeping it a surprise...
Old Aug 14, 2008, 5:49 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by MojaveFlyer
What a cool use of FT, hope we'll see your posts elsewhere on the forum!
Indeed on both counts!!

Now, several posts (since my last note -- that went unheeded by some ) have been deleted that were personal, snarky, argumentative, etc.

If you have thoughtful, civil things to contribute, please feel free. If you don't, and insist on "contributing" nonetheless, you may wish to review the FT TOS section on suspensions. A word to the wise and all that....

Again, congratulations to the happy couple and thanks to all who helped share their joy.

cblaisd
Senior Moderator
Old Aug 15, 2008, 12:19 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Alma and Brian, congratulations! May you have many years of health, happiness and a rich life. I've been keeping an eyeball on this thread (after the original flurry) and am glad everything went as kind-of scheduled, and Seth was able to help out with being a "witnegrapher."

What a truly great surprise and wedding! :-:

BTW, if you really liked it, I have a deed to the Brooklyn Bridge and can sell it to you at a really fantastic price, with the real estate bubble burst and all...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.