JFK Parking Options (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK Parking Options (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2012, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA lifetime Gold , DL Gold, Hilton Diamond
I have used the Parking Spot, and all it’s other names for many years now when I fly out of JFK, I just used them earlier this month.

I have never had a problem with parking my car there, no damage or any signs that they parked my car in the long term parking lot, I leave my E-ZPass on the windshield and I never have seen any parking charge on the statement.

They have plenty of parking spots there, over 1000, but I never have parked there during any holiday weeks, which I am sure is when they sell out.

The only problem I have had with them is getting picked up, especially late at night or coming in on the red eyes, they don’t seem to have many drivers on during those times, and since the parking lot is a few miles from the terminals, a round trip can take a half hour or so, so if the van has already left the airport, you might be in for a long wait until the van drops off their passengers at the lot and returns to the terminals. One time when I came in around 11:00 pm, they only had one van in service, the driver when he finally picked me up 45 minutes after I called said the other driver called in sick. Even during the day, I have had to wait as long as a half hour for the van, JFK is a big airport, with many terminals and drop off points.

Mr. Elliott
Old Aug 3, 2012, 5:30 pm

any recent comments on JFK parking?

I will have 2 people with 2 pieces of luggages looking to park for 13 days.

Seems the airport long term parking lot is safe and is not a lot more than other private parking lots. However, I will fly out during labour day and I am worrying that JFK long term lot will be full.

Is there anyone who have used surrounding hotels sleep and fly package?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 7:59 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by khkchan
I will have 2 people with 2 pieces of luggages looking to park for 13 days.

Seems the airport long term parking lot is safe and is not a lot more than other private parking lots. However, I will fly out during labour day and I am worrying that JFK long term lot will be full.

Is there anyone who have used surrounding hotels sleep and fly package?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
The Port Authority Long Term Lot at JFK has lots of spaces, many are in walking distance to either the Lefferts Blvd. or Howard Beach stations on the Air Train(which is free for those parking in LT lot)--those spaces farther out can be accessed with one of their shuttle buses. They have an info number (718) 244-4168--check with them to see if the lot is indeed near capacity. As a back-up make a reservation at one of the other lots and cancel if you decide to use LT.
[PS: With the LT lot, most of the nearby spaces (unless you are super lucky) will require carrying your luggage, what could be as much as 2-3 blocks. With the other lots, they take you (virtually) door to door, with minimal walking (and carrying luggage).]
Old Aug 10, 2012, 9:07 am

NEW JFK Parking facility ParkPlus deception

I have to say, when I saw NEW ParkPlus JFK parking for $10 per day I thought it was great. Special was supposed to be for the month of August 2012. An introductory offer I guess for grand opening?

So, the idiot that I am. I didnt place reservation when I should have. I tried yesterday and the $10 rate special has been cut short 3 weeks early. It is now $14.95.

Can they do that? Advertise $10 for month of August and then end it only one week into August?

Anyway, I missed it.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 1:54 pm
Company Representative - SmartPark JFK

Programs: SmartPark JFK "Confirm To Earn" Frequent Parker Program
If you need Free JFK parking days let me know

Hi All,

Long time reader, first time posting.

I work at SmartPark JFK.

If anyone needs a couple of extra free parking days for staying at SmartPark JFK just let me know via email.

Email me at [email protected]

Put my name, OZ and FlyerTalk in the title and I will add free days to your SmartPark JFK "Confirm To Earn" Frequent Parker Loyalty Program profile for your upcoming reservation.

Have a great day!

Oz
Old Aug 12, 2012, 3:44 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Thanks, Oz, and welcome to FT (posting)!
Old Aug 13, 2012, 3:59 pm

Cheap JFK Parking Options

Hey Guys. Hope you can provide some thoughts on cheap short-term parking. Leaving the car Thursday, returning Sunday. Any creative suggestions? I usually have a good one-way rate with my company, but looking to do it on the cheap. The downside is I will be golf clubs in tow - so not looking for something too much of a hassle.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!
Old Aug 13, 2012, 8:59 pm

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by nrr
The Port Authority Long Term Lot at JFK has lots of spaces, many are in walking distance to either the Lefferts Blvd. or Howard Beach stations on the Air Train(which is free for those parking in LT lot)--those spaces farther out can be accessed with one of their shuttle buses. They have an info number (718) 244-4168--check with them to see if the lot is indeed near capacity. As a back-up make a reservation at one of the other lots and cancel if you decide to use LT.
[PS: With the LT lot, most of the nearby spaces (unless you are super lucky) will require carrying your luggage, what could be as much as 2-3 blocks. With the other lots, they take you (virtually) door to door, with minimal walking (and carrying luggage).]
Are there any luggage carts/Smarte Carts at the long term lot that one can get? Thinking of parking there and taking the Airtrain to Terminal 4 but not if I have to shlep my luggage (will be having a lot of luggage with me).
Old Aug 14, 2012, 5:52 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by sc8077
Hey Guys. Hope you can provide some thoughts on cheap short-term parking. Leaving the car Thursday, returning Sunday. Any creative suggestions? I usually have a good one-way rate with my company, but looking to do it on the cheap. The downside is I will be golf clubs in tow - so not looking for something too much of a hassle.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!
Here's a great resource!

Last edited by dstan; Aug 14, 2012 at 4:33 pm Reason: added quote post-merge
Old Aug 14, 2012, 4:33 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Here's a great resource!

And now this thread has been merged into the existing thread, which, with many other important threads, is available from our Sticky at the top of the forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-y...st-really.html

The OP is encouraged to read upthread for various suggestions and to feel free to post additional questions here.

/Moderator
Old Aug 16, 2012, 3:41 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by eagle92
Are there any luggage carts/Smarte Carts at the long term lot that one can get? Thinking of parking there and taking the Airtrain to Terminal 4 but not if I have to shlep my luggage (will be having a lot of luggage with me).
I've never noticed any.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 7:52 am

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by SmartParkJFK
Hi All,

Long time reader, first time posting.

I work at SmartPark JFK.

If anyone needs a couple of extra free parking days for staying at SmartPark JFK just let me know via email.

Email me at [email protected]

Put my name, OZ and FlyerTalk in the title and I will add free days to your SmartPark JFK "Confirm To Earn" Frequent Parker Loyalty Program profile for your upcoming reservation.

Have a great day!

Oz
See my mini-review on SmartPark JFK here.

Bottom line is I would definitely use them over anyone else next time I have to park at JFK.

And in the spirit of full disclosure I did take OZ/SmartParkJFK up on the extra couple of free parking days. Excellent service all around!
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, IHG Spire Amb
Early AM JFK advice - long parking and transit

I've got a 8am international flight out of JFK in a few weeks, and I live in MA. Google says its a 3:15 drive down to JFK, and at the hour I'd be doing it, thats probably true. I get home at 8pm (international too -- clearing customs in JFK).

As I see it, my options are:

1)Drive down the night before, stay in a hotel around JFK. Park in either the economy lot for $18 a day or do a stay and fly package.

2) train down the night before, stay at a hotel, pay to park at a train station ...wherever (and pay for the train). Probably have to spend the return night there too as cant be sure I'll clear customs in time to train home.

3) Drive down the morning of, tired, but save possible some $$ on no hotel.

4) Two one way car rentals seem pricey unless someone knows a code to cut the drop charge.

Advice?
Old Feb 26, 2013, 3:48 pm

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by ludocdoc

Advice?
Not so much a parking question as a question on options to get to JFK from NorthEast. Assuming you aren't traveling with others (doesn't sound like it)

It sounds like you are debating price vs. well price as train with luggage is as difficult as bus with luggage.
Can I add another option to your list (sounds like no problem for you to get to South Station):
5 - MegaBus (approx $8) 11:59pm departure arrives near Penn Station NY at 4:14am you would have about 2 hrs to get to JFK by 6am which takes about 35-40 minutes via LIRR or even cheaper route via subway (about an hour at that time)

5a -Greyhound (approx $15) 1AM departure arrives Port Authority 5:20am - @ PA get on JFK Airport Shuttle (http://www.nycairporter.com/) which should get you to airport within an hour (going against traffic) for another $16 . Yup cost more to get from NYC-Manhattan to NYC-Queens vs. Boston to NYC.

On the return you do the reverse.

Last edited by RooseveltL; Feb 26, 2013 at 3:53 pm
Old Feb 26, 2013, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by RooseveltL
Not so much a parking question as a question on options to get to JFK from NorthEast. Assuming you aren't traveling with others (doesn't sound like it)

It sounds like you are debating price vs. well price as train with luggage is as difficult as bus with luggage.
Can I add another option to your list (sounds like no problem for you to get to South Station):
5 - MegaBus (approx $8) 11:59pm departure arrives near Penn Station NY at 4:14am you would have about 2 hrs to get to JFK by 6am which takes about 35-40 minutes via LIRR or even cheaper route via subway (about an hour at that time)

5a -Greyhound (approx $15) 1AM departure arrives Port Authority 5:20am - @ PA get on JFK Airport Shuttle (http://www.nycairporter.com/) which should get you to airport within an hour (going against traffic) for another $16 . Yup cost more to get from NYC-Manhattan to NYC-Queens vs. Boston to NYC.

On the return you do the reverse.
Interesting ideas. had not thought about overnight on bus. Yes, dual advice-- it seemed like driving was the best idea, so looking also for stay/fly non-horror stories, as the airport hotels get some iffy reviews. Megabus down sounds workable but I live about half hour outside Boston, so parking near South station will cost big bucks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.