Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK Parking Options (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2011, 8:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sgb
I need to park at JFK for 11 days in June/July. There are four of us, coming from NJ, so taking the train etc is not cheaper by any means. What are the good options here? The off-site lots that I've searched seem to be in the $150-$170 range.

Thanks.
why not 1st drop off the other 3 and all the bags , then go park at HB and take the airtrain to the term. When you return you go get the car as the others wait and get the bags (thats if it isnt an Intl flight)
Old Jun 29, 2011, 5:16 pm

Who is watching these "private" JFK parking facilities?

Originally Posted by sgb
I need to park at JFK for 11 days in June/July. There are four of us, coming from NJ, so taking the train etc is not cheaper by any means. What are the good options here? The off-site lots that I've searched seem to be in the $150-$170 range.

Thanks.

Ok, I have stayed at Airpark, SmartPark and JFK long term parking(off site private lot), Inc(not affiliated with JFK Long Term Parking ON SITE lot.

At Airpark I made a reservation online for $12.95 daily and yet I was told it was $14.95 and that they would not honor the reservation I had printed out.

At SmartPark JFK I made a reservation for $12.95 and I paid the $12.95. Plus, I was delayed and was past my 24 hours but apparently they have a grace period so I wasnt charged for extra day. Whew!

At JFK long term parking (off site). They had FREE 7th day and they charged me any way. Something about I made the reservation on a site that wasnt theirs or some nonsense.

Is anyone overseeing these operations??

There is The Parking Spot. I went to the site and it had $12.95 and they waived a "reservation fee", really??? what is that? And yet there was a $3.31 service fee. (shaking my head ).

Anyway, the $12.90 turned to $12.95 and that turned into $13.95 on the next page.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by johannes716
Ok, I have stayed at Airpark, SmartPark and JFK long term parking(off site private lot), Inc(not affiliated with JFK Long Term Parking ON SITE lot.

At Airpark I made a reservation online for $12.95 daily and yet I was told it was $14.95 and that they would not honor the reservation I had printed out.

At SmartPark JFK I made a reservation for $12.95 and I paid the $12.95. Plus, I was delayed and was past my 24 hours but apparently they have a grace period so I wasnt charged for extra day. Whew!

At JFK long term parking (off site). They had FREE 7th day and they charged me any way. Something about I made the reservation on a site that wasnt theirs or some nonsense.

There is The Parking Spot. I went to the site and it had $12.95 and they waived a "reservation fee", really??? what is that? And yet there was a $3.31 service fee. (shaking my head ).

Anyway, the $12.90 turned to $12.95 and that turned into $13.95 on the next page.
I can only talk about the last 1 The Parking Spot, this place is the old AviStar a/k/a FastTrack , they were aok when theres a ton of competition around eg PHL,EWR , but like JFK they will play games at BDL where they own alot of the lots, so what you ran into doesnt surprise me.

the only time Id use them @ JFK is if theres a very good chance of a snow storm hitting when I will be away, that way they can dig me out, otherwise at JFK and LGA its street parking for me and no way will I enter their lots at JFK/LGA
most likely in another few years they will rename everything once again after they get too many complaints filed against them. Sort of like those people who said no way will they ever board another Value Jet flight, yet they do when boarding an AirTrans flight. all they need to do is start or purchase another parking company and change all their lots to the new name and bingo people will pull back in not knowing its simplya name change
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:45 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond

I used to use Avistar, but their rates kept creeping up, and secret service charges were being added.
I generally use Smartpark, when you make the reservation on the internet, the price they quote is the price you are charged.^ They do have a 5 hour grace period, and give one free day if you stay 7 days. I also believe (from the wording on their web site) that in addition to the 5 hour grace period they will adjust their pricing if your flight is cancelled or severely delayed (with proof). They are not perfect, but seem to be consistent enough for me to continue to use them on a regular basis.
I think all of the lots charge an extra $3 (or so) fee, a fuel surcharge. I read somewhere here on FT, that the PA wants to tack on a fee to allow the parking shuttle buses to pick-up and drop-off at JFK.

Last edited by nrr; Jun 29, 2011 at 10:02 pm
Old Jul 26, 2011, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by craz
I can only talk about the last 1 The Parking Spot, this place is the old AviStar a/k/a FastTrack , they were aok when theres a ton of competition around eg PHL,EWR , but like JFK they will play games at BDL where they own alot of the lots, so what you ran into doesnt surprise me.

the only time Id use them @ JFK is if theres a very good chance of a snow storm hitting when I will be away, that way they can dig me out, otherwise at JFK and LGA its street parking for me and no way will I enter their lots at JFK/LGA
most likely in another few years they will rename everything once again after they get too many complaints filed against them. Sort of like those people who said no way will they ever board another Value Jet flight, yet they do when boarding an AirTrans flight. all they need to do is start or purchase another parking company and change all their lots to the new name and bingo people will pull back in not knowing its simplya name change
The bold - is that what happened? They went from Avistar and then Fasttrack to throw people off?

Originally Posted by nrr
I used to use Avistar, but their rates kept creeping up, and secret service charges were being added.
I generally use Smartpark, when you make the reservation on the internet, the price they quote is the price you are charged.^ They do have a 5 hour grace period, and give one free day if you stay 7 days. I also believe (from the wording on their web site) that in addition to the 5 hour grace period they will adjust their pricing if your flight is cancelled or severely delayed (with proof). They are not perfect, but seem to be consistent enough for me to continue to use them on a regular basis.
I think all of the lots charge an extra $3 (or so) fee, a fuel surcharge. I read somewhere here on FT, that the PA wants to tack on a fee to allow the parking shuttle buses to pick-up and drop-off at JFK.

"secret service" charges lol had to read that twice.

What does the PA have to do with the private, off site lots? Can they do that?
Old Jul 26, 2011, 2:50 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The bold - is that what happened? They went from Avistar and then Fasttrack to throw people off?

"secret service" charges lol had to read that twice.

What does the PA have to do with the private, off site lots? Can they do that?
There was a discussion about the PA surcharge somewhere on FT--I don't remember where that thread is. These satellite parking sites like Avistar, Smartpark etc. have shuttle buses which enter onto the roads and terminals areas of JFK, and it was mentioned that the PA wants to levy a fee to allow them to do so (they would pass the fee onto the customer).
[PS: They are all in competition with PA's parking sites (longterm and near the terminals).]
Old Dec 1, 2011, 8:01 pm

JFK Parking

Does anyone happen to know any parking around JFK that would have reasonable rates with a shuttle to the terminals? I am traveling for new years and taking public transporation is not an option.

Thanks
Old Dec 1, 2011, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
See this thread:
<circular link redacted post-merge>

Last edited by dstan; Dec 9, 2011 at 5:37 pm
Old Dec 9, 2011, 5:38 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
As noted by jerry a. laska, please be sure to check upthread for more info!

/Moderator
Old Dec 14, 2011, 8:21 am

Lot Saftey

I am going to flying out of JFK at 7 AM on 12/28 and Returning New Years Day. I need to drive since I cannot take public transportation this early.

I have done some research and found Airpark and SmartPark Both located on S.Conduit Ave. My concern is I have a brand new Honda and I have read reviews on these spots. One person says the car was dented and they attempted to play it off as it was prior damage. Another person had mechanical issues after they picked up their car. Does anyone know if they require me leaving the keys?

If I park at the JFK Long term lot would there be a big price difference? I'be been getting rates of about 85.00 from the outside lots. I would think it's more secure at JFK then the lots I just described?

This really concerns me
Old Dec 25, 2011, 8:24 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by giacona
I am going to flying out of JFK at 7 AM on 12/28 and Returning New Years Day. I need to drive since I cannot take public transportation this early.

I have done some research and found Airpark and SmartPark Both located on S.Conduit Ave. My concern is I have a brand new Honda and I have read reviews on these spots. One person says the car was dented and they attempted to play it off as it was prior damage. Another person had mechanical issues after they picked up their car. Does anyone know if they require me leaving the keys?

If I park at the JFK Long term lot would there be a big price difference? I'be been getting rates of about 85.00 from the outside lots. I would think it's more secure at JFK then the lots I just described?

This really concerns me
Avistar, Smarkpark and Longterm (not the PA on site lot), provide valet parking--they park your car upon arrival and shuttle pax to the various terminals; on return, you call them and they shuttle you back. So, you must leave the key with them. I haven't used Avistar in a while, and never used LT, but Smartpark, photographs your car--this (presumably) will document any damage they caused.
With the "real" Longterm lot (owned by PA), you lock and park your car (and hence keep the key)--however, even though they have patrols, anyone would have access to your car once they are on the LT parking lot property. [Of course, if you leave your car home and take taxis, your car would be safe from damage at JFK.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 4:44 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
March 8 days

Originally Posted by nrr
Avistar, Smarkpark and Longterm (not the PA on site lot), provide valet parking--they park your car upon arrival and shuttle pax to the various terminals; on return, you call them and they shuttle you back. So, you must leave the key with them. I haven't used Avistar in a while, and never used LT, but Smartpark, photographs your car--this (presumably) will document any damage they caused.
With the "real" Longterm lot (owned by PA), you lock and park your car (and hence keep the key)--however, even though they have patrols, anyone would have access to your car once they are on the LT parking lot property. [Of course, if you leave your car home and take taxis, your car would be safe from damage at JFK.
I've priced the lots you've mentioned. It looks like the cheapest is the Smartpark. I don't want to drag baggage around trains and everything so I will try this one. Unless someone has had a bad experience with them?
Old Jan 9, 2012, 8:44 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thebat
I've priced the lots you've mentioned. It looks like the cheapest is the Smartpark. I don't want to drag baggage around trains and everything so I will try this one. Unless someone has had a bad experience with them?
Smartpark has a "club" you can join--this option pops up when you make your first reservation--there is no charge, but you get free days on return reservations. The system is NOT well described, but a free day is a free day.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 8:04 am

Flyers,

Love this site, a lot of helpful posts in here. I wanted to ask all of your opinions regarding best long term parking options for an international flight leaving JFK on April 2nd, 2012 (Monday) around 8am. I plan to arrive around 5am. I will be returning late afternoon April 7th, 2012 (Saturday).

I am worried that based on price/security and issues with the Airtran, leaving my car at the LongTerm lot located at Lefferts Boulevard will not be efficient.

I've looked into SmarkParkJFK and The Parking Spot (formerly Avistar). Reviews for The Parking Spot were not good. I got a lot of good reviews from SmartPark. I know quite a few of your are knowledgeable and may offer some reputable advice.

I will be traveling from NJ (shore area), to JFK for my international flight due to a cheaper ticket. I will not be able to take rail as I am traveling with my girlfriend and between us there may be a bit of luggage. I am experienced with flying out of Newark, Philly, and DC but have never flown out of JFK. Would love your suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Stephen J.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by snowwave83
Flyers,

Love this site, a lot of helpful posts in here. I wanted to ask all of your opinions regarding best long term parking options for an international flight leaving JFK on April 2nd, 2012 (Monday) around 8am. I plan to arrive around 5am. I will be returning late afternoon April 7th, 2012 (Saturday).

I am worried that based on price/security and issues with the Airtran, leaving my car at the LongTerm lot located at Lefferts Boulevard will not be efficient.

I've looked into SmarkParkJFK and The Parking Spot (formerly Avistar). Reviews for The Parking Spot were not good. I got a lot of good reviews from SmartPark. I know quite a few of your are knowledgeable and may offer some reputable advice.

I will be traveling from NJ (shore area), to JFK for my international flight due to a cheaper ticket. I will not be able to take rail as I am traveling with my girlfriend and between us there may be a bit of luggage. I am experienced with flying out of Newark, Philly, and DC but have never flown out of JFK. Would love your suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Stephen J.
I have parked at what is now "the parking spot" on S. Conduit ave. Parked there both before and after the name change. No complaints at all, seems very safe. Last time there I forgot my email receipt and they let me use their office computer to log on to email and print it out. Other places will gouge you for forgetting to bring that thing. I think the parking spot acquisition has been good both there and at some Newark lots I have used. In addition this one on South Conduit is relatively easy to find and get to. There are negative reviews but I'm sure they are unusual situations. The best airport parking experience is one that is completely forgettable.

All in all park there.

I usually book thru http://www.airportparkingreservations.com as they seem to have better good rates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.