Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK Parking Options (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2009, 9:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by pbd456
I am looking for some cheap parking near JFK so that I can fly from there to take advantage of some deals.

Any place to recommend? I plan to park 4-5 days.

just follow these directions, Ive done it numerous times myself w/o any problems http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-y...n-station.html

just make sure that there arent any signs saying No parking here to corner etc etc

Last edited by craz; Jul 1, 2009 at 3:30 pm
Old Jul 1, 2009, 10:57 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Seem to recall several threads about parking in NYC, and since we have a dedicated NYC forum I am moving the thread there.

EmailKid
Budget Travel Moderator
Old Jul 1, 2009, 11:41 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by craz
just follow these directions, Ive done it numerous times myself w/o any problems http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-y...n-station.html

just make sure that there isnt any signs saying No parking here to corner etc etc
this is cool.... i wish DL would nearly match the fare of AA to GIG. i will drive down to JFK to fly it.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 10:55 pm

just make sure that there arent any signs saying No parking here to corner etc etc

Thanks. I will try to make use of this in the future?
do u know about parking near LGA and EWR as well?

Unfortunately, I am 300 miles aways from NYC. Unless I see a very good deal, it is not feasible to drive back and forth for it. I really envy those who live in NYC.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 8:37 am
Suspended

Thanks. I will try to make use of this in the future?
do u know about parking near LGA and EWR as well?

Unfortunately, I am 300 miles aways from NYC. Unless I see a very good deal, it is not feasible to drive back and forth for it. I really envy those who live in NYC.
for EWR; go to www.longtermparking.com click New Jersey then check EWR and scroll down to EZ-Way $8 a day + tx the cheapest you'll find. No street parking that Im aware of , unless you are Brave enough to park somewhere in the city of Newark and ride the reg bus to EWR, Im NOT

LGA; theres plenty of street parking around 94th St, BEWARE Alternate Street parking rules do apply. (this means say its for Weds so you cant park on that side on a Weds between 11:30am-1pm if your car is there during those times it will get tkted and maybe even towed). So depending on the street No Parking will be on Mon or Tues or Weds or Fri. If a Holiday falls on that day then you can get almost a full 2 weeks of free parking, eg say July 4th was on a Fri so you could park the previous Fri after 1pm till Fri July 18th till 11:30am w/o getting atkt

I park at LGA all the time, never had a problem. I then walk across the Hway via the sidewalk on the Overpass and catch the Airport bus (free Internal) if Im flying out of say Delta/NW or USAir or Marine Terminal (DL Shuttle). All other carriers use the Central term and its appx a 10 min walk from where I parked and 2 mins from the bus stop I spoke about above
Old Apr 10, 2010, 8:10 pm

I park at LGA all the time, never had a problem. I then walk across the Hway via the sidewalk on the Overpass and catch the Airport bus (free Internal) if Im flying out of say Delta/NW or USAir or Marine Terminal (DL Shuttle). All other carriers use the Central term and its appx a 10 min walk from where I parked and 2 mins from the bus stop I spoke about above
for NY, what are the holiday? federal holiday or state holiday?
i guess i am looking into parking over thanksgiving.
so. the only option is parking on a street with alternate parking on Thursday, is that right?
Old Apr 10, 2010, 11:19 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
for EWR; go to www.longtermparking.com click New Jersey then check EWR and scroll down to EZ-Way $8 a day + tx the cheapest you'll find. No street parking that Im aware of , unless you are Brave enough to park somewhere in the city of Newark and ride the reg bus to EWR, Im NOT

LGA; theres plenty of street parking around 94th St, BEWARE Alternate Street parking rules do apply. (this means say its for Weds so you cant park on that side on a Weds between 11:30am-1pm if your car is there during those times it will get tkted and maybe even towed). So depending on the street No Parking will be on Mon or Tues or Weds or Fri. If a Holiday falls on that day then you can get almost a full 2 weeks of free parking, eg say July 4th was on a Fri so you could park the previous Fri after 1pm till Fri July 18th till 11:30am w/o getting atkt

for NY, what are the holiday? federal holiday or state holiday?
You quoted a previous message which I can't really say I understand. As to what constitutes a holiday for the purpose of your inquiry, the answer is found here and related pages from the New York City Department of Transportation.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by Landing Gear
You quoted a previous message which I can't really say I understand. As to what constitutes a holiday for the purpose of your inquiry, the answer is found here and related pages from the New York City Department of Transportation.
sorry. probably i had misquoted. but you get my question! ^^
The link is very useful... I suppose there are street with no parking near LGA, right on Thursday right? It seems that one can park from Nov 5 - Dec 1 in 2010 on a Thursday street without problem. all nov 11, 18 25 are holiday! amazing.

the posts 3 above say that the days are Mon, Tues, Weds and Friday. how about Thursday? the website does have Thursday... but i guess the real question is if there is any street near LGA with a Thursday restriction.

Last edited by pbd456; Apr 11, 2010 at 8:51 pm
Old Apr 12, 2010, 8:25 am
Suspended

sorry. probably i had misquoted. but you get my question! ^^
The link is very useful... I suppose there are street with no parking near LGA, right on Thursday right? It seems that one can park from Nov 5 - Dec 1 in 2010 on a Thursday street without problem. all nov 11, 18 25 are holiday! amazing.

the posts 3 above say that the days are Mon, Tues, Weds and Friday. how about Thursday? the website does have Thursday... but i guess the real question is if there is any street near LGA with a Thursday restriction.
I dont recall seeing a No Parking Thurs on either side of 94th St and as far up as 2 Ave blocks. Nor did I ever not find a spot that I had to go that far away.

Dates for rest of '10 Alternate Side being Suspended;

5/13 Thurs

5/19-20 Wed & Thurs

5/31 Mon

7/5 Mon (7/4 Observed)

9/6 Mon

9/9 -12 Thurs-Sun

9/18 Sat

9/23-24 Thurs-Fri

9/30-10/1 Turs & Fri

10/11 Mon

11/1-2 Mon & Tues

11/5 Fri

11/11 Thurs

11/16-18 Tues-Thurs

11/25 Thurs

12/8 Wed

12/24-25 Fri & Sat

12/31 Fri

lets take the 1st one Thurs 5/13 what this means is say you cant park 11:30am-1pm so on 5/6 you can park at 1pm and wont have to move your car till 5/27 @ 11:35am (new 5 min grace period has gone into affect). Thats as long as you park where you Cant on a Thurs , any other day posted for no parking you will be tkted. This yr 2 Thurs in a row have it Suspended

Except since the following Weds 5/19 its also suspended then on or after 1pm on Weds 5/12 park where theres no Weds parking allowed and youd be fine till 11:35am on Weds 5/26
Old Apr 12, 2010, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Last time I was in the neighborhood, all days were covered. Thank goodness the neighborhood only has 1 day sweeping, vs 2 in other parts of the city.

LGA works for very long weekends.
Old May 19, 2010, 3:40 pm

AARP Avistar Parking discounts / Triple AAA Parking, Travel Discounts issue!?

Ok, my uncle is an older gentleman. He really isn't "web" savy so I am posting this for him.

My uncle is a AARP member and has been using Avistar Parking for his travels to and from Florida. He was asking, no he was telling me that he gets a discount because he is a AARP member with Avistar. Then he told me that he pays ONLY $17 or so daily and I said why so much when the daily rate is about $14 now.

It turns out the discount of 10% is applied to their highest daily rate. I guess its about $18.95 then subtract the 10%. So in effect he really doesnt receive a discount.

Is this right? Do all the parking facilities have these same practices? Seems unfair.

Thanks for your time,
LD
Old May 19, 2010, 5:08 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
It's not unusual for the discount to be off the full rate, and it's not at all unusual for them not to tell you there are better options for you.

It's not really fair, but it's no different then any other travel discount, it's not the discount, it's the total price that matters, we have all seen hotels and rental companies do the same thing.

The cheapest rate with Avistar I believe is to prepay it in advance, that usually takes 20% off.
Old May 20, 2010, 10:42 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
While the above presumably applies to Avistar at LGA as well, because the specific prices are relevant to JFK, I've merged it into the existing thread on JFK parking (linked from the Sticky).

/Moderator
Old May 26, 2010, 10:37 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I've used Avistar, until I found Smart Park, they were charging $12/day with a 5 hour grace period on check-out; now their rate is $13.95.
I was doing a "google" search and found http://airportparking1.com/default.aspx they seem to be charging $67 for 7 days--but NO location is listed... has anyone used this outfit?
Old May 27, 2010, 9:15 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
This thread discusses airportparking1

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-y...tpark-jfk.html

I noticed the other day another company called usave that has parking, or at least has a lot and banners and the rest, just didn't see any cars there. I thought they were not open, but a web search found sites that indicate they either are, or were and are now closed or about to open

http://www.aboutairportparking.com/u...irport-parking

Though here there are no pictures of cars, just the lot. The guy posted this last month on Yahoo

I have recently opened a long term parking facility at JFK airport. We provide outdoor valet parking service and we will be open 24/7 beginning April 15, 2010. We provide free shuttle bus service to and from all airport terminals. Our daily rate is $15. Our website is not yet up and running but if you would like to make a reservation you can contact me via email at [email protected] or call us at 718-525-7070 or our toll free number 888-525-7001. We are located at 150-32 N. Conduit Ave Jamaica, NY 11434 approximately 3 miles form the airport. Thanks,

Daniel Schick
USAVE Parking JFK
[email protected]

But last week it still looked like an empty lot with a ton of banners, so I don't know if he is open or not yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.