Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK Parking Options (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2008, 11:09 am

Programs: Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by nerdkiller
Flying to vegas this friday Oct 24 10am return monday 11pm. ostly worried about how quick it is. I'll have to deal with rush hour from manhattan to JFK to make the 10am departure. Which service is best for Terminal 2/3? How long does it take?
Driving from the city? Why not take the LIRR/Airtrain? Takes maybe an hour. No traffic.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 11:13 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
You get a cheaper rate I believe if you have an Avistar membership. (Although it has been a while so they may make you join anyway) Also go online to use a coupon and remember to bring it.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 11:14 am

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by dkelly1110
Driving from the city? Why not take the LIRR/Airtrain? Takes maybe an hour. No traffic.
Because to put my car in a garage in the city is gonna cost far more than leaving it at the airport.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 9:46 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nerdkiller
Anyone know about this? JFK has long term and there's avi-star. I'm just wondering how long it takes to from drop off til I'm at the terminal and vice versa. Also, I get back in at 11pm on a monday and don't wanna spend an hour waiting around to get my car. I'm going to vegas for 3 nights friday - monday. Can you park in those regular lots across from the terminals for more than a day?

I'm flying out of the delta terminal.

thanks for info

Nick
The long term lot at jfk is linked by the airtrain to all the terminals. They charge $15/day and $5/8 hours after that. It is a lock and park lot. The lots near the airline terminals are $30/day. The lot is patrolled regularly and there are towers with agents checking the lot from a distance. The airtrain runs continuously day and night (less frequent at night).
Avistar provides valet parking, a shuttle bus is used for drop-off and pickup at the various terminals. I've found avistar at lga much better than jfk as far as wait time on the return trip. Also they charge you a full day for each 24 hour period, based on you arrival time--even going a few minutes over they charge you for a full day.
In theory avistar being valet parking, might be safer (for the car) than lt lot--but in reality, I've had good results in many many uses of the lt lot.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 10:20 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
I've used JFK long term parking lot quite frequently over the past two years.

Never had aproblem, knock on wood.

Its funny that at 5am it takes me exactly half an hour to get to the long term parking, and with the in-frequency of the AirTrain it takes about another 30 mins to get from Leffers Blvd lot to T6... but its no big deal. I find the $15/day charge to be fairly reasonable, considering LaGuardia is $30/day.

--Russ
Old Oct 24, 2008, 2:26 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Yes you can park in the daily lots for multiple days, you will just pay a fortune to do so.

Avistar at JFK was hit or miss. If they were in your area they would pick you up fairly quickly. If they had to send a van, they would stop at every terminal, and eventually they would get to you. I stopped using Avistar when the wait was more often 20 minutes or more then it was under.

At JFK (and LGA now) I use Airpark instead. They so far have been much faster in getting us from the terminal to the car.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA: Platinum, Marriott: Platinum
JFK Parking

Sorry if this post is in the wrong place. I am a longtime lurker who finally mustered the courage to ask a question.

I have lived in New York my entire life and have always used LGA and JFK as my home airports. We now live in Westchester and try to use HPN first, then LGA. JFK is the third option.

My father and I are taking our annual trip to Florida for Spring Training from March 6-8, and we could not pass up the JetBlue nonstop service from JFK-SRQ, and we are taking that flight.

We have never parked a car at JFK before, but we are considering going that route this time, because cab fare from Westchester out to the airport is ridiculously expensive. What is the best option to reach the new JetBlue terminal? Should we park at the Lefferts Boulevard long-term lot and take AirTrain? If so, how much time should we leave? Our flight is scheduled to leave at 8:05 a.m. At what time do you think we should reach the parking lot to comfortably clear security and head to our gate? Is there a better parking option?

Sorry for the million questions. You all seem so experienced here. Hoping for a good solution.

Thanks!
Old Feb 1, 2009, 3:24 pm

Long term parking at JFK is probably your best bet. If I were you, I'd try to arrive at the lot at least 2 hours before the flight to give yourself enough time to comfortably park and ride the Airtran to the terminal. I my experience, the JetBlue agents outside the ticket counter have been good and finding people trying to make their flights, so you should have enough time to get your ticket (unless you are E-Ticketed) and to get to your gate. I hope that helps.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 3:30 pm

Thank you very much for your input. We will print our boarding passes online before we leave for the airport, so we will be able to hop out of AirTrain and to security. Any other opinions?
Old Feb 1, 2009, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by jed012788

What is the best option to reach the new JetBlue terminal? Should we park at the Lefferts Boulevard long-term lot and take AirTrain? If so, how much time should we leave? Our flight is scheduled to leave at 8:05 a.m. At what time do you think we should reach the parking lot to comfortably clear security and head to our gate? Is there a better parking option?
From White Plains to the long-term parking area at that hour of the morning will take you 35 - 40 minutes. Less from Yonkers, more from Mt. Kisco.

The AirTrain runs around every 4 - 6 minutes or so at 6:00am. The ride will take about 10 minutes from the parking lot. I would suggest checking the jetBlue forum to find out about 'check-in lines' at that hour.

Welcome to Flyertalk Jed.

dh
Old Feb 1, 2009, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jed012788
Is there a better parking option?
Well, since you asked... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-y...n-station.html

You will have to pay the $10 R/T fare per person on the AirTrain. It will add another couple of minutes to the drive/ride. Depending on how many days you'll be away, it may or maynot be cost effective.

The best part, stopping on Cross Bay Blvd for pizza.
I will be doing this on Monday evening February 9. @:-)
Old Feb 2, 2009, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by dhammer53
Welcome to Flyertalk Jed.
Thanks for the welcome. I'm not quite the traveler as a lot of people here, but I have enjoyed reading the threads for the last month or so. Glad to join the fun.

A quick question about parking at Howard Beach: Is it a lot, or do we have to park on the street? If the latter, is there enough parking to be sure we'll get a spot? I think the regular long-term lot may be a better option, but I'm up for differing opinions.

Thanks very much.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tons of free street parking. I've never parked more than 3 short blocks away.
Since you have NY plates, you should be ok.
No parking lots.

FYI. I never wash my car prior to parking. I always make sure the interior has lots of 'stuff' all over. It helps that the car fits into the neighborhood.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 8:04 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I take a different route and use one of the off site lots, at JFK and LGA I use airpark at airparkparking.com

It's $18.10 a day plus tax, and you get one day free on a three day reservation. You pull in, they put your luggage in the van and drive you over to the terminal. You call when you get back, they are there fairly quick (never had a problem with them) and drive you back to a warmed up car.

With the coupon three days will be $43 total cost.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 3:57 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
cheap parking near JFK?

I am looking for some cheap parking near JFK so that I can fly from there to take advantage of some deals.

Any place to recommend? I plan to park 4-5 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.