Wiki Posts
Search

Why do NYers tend to hate New Jersey?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2007, 7:48 pm

Programs: NW, AA
Smile LIers!

Touche on the LIers!

Although LIers can be hard to spot apart from the natives since so many of them previously lived in the City. With NJers, that is almost never the case.

Brooklynites get a free pass since that is where all the hispters live now. IMHO, some parts of Manhattan are too gentrified and touristy to qualify as a real city living anymore- i.e. West Village. I'd take Park Slope or B'lyn Heights and even maybe Greenpoint over some part of Manattan nowadays.

Jayson
Old Jan 14, 2007, 7:53 pm
cpx

Programs: Many
I think B&T term is mis-leading then.... we can just say that they
are from "The Jersey side of the cesspool" (like they say in Madagascar)
Old Jan 15, 2007, 9:30 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
I think you'd find that many of the NJ B&T crowd also once lived in NYC. (Well... for the younger ones, their parents did).
Old Jan 15, 2007, 8:04 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

One gripe I have about New Jersey is the infamous “disappearing right lane” that ends without warning on state highways.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 8:45 pm

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by Mary2e
So, for all of you who don't like NJ, spread the word... you REALLY don't want to come here ... it's nasty... really nasty

Too late, Mary. As a native New Yorker, growing up in Manhattan, I always made fun of NJ. For all the reasons mentioned on this thread.

But then I discovered parts of New Jersey I never knew existed:

1. The beautiful, green rolling hills of northwestern NJ.

2. The very quaint and picturesque Princeton area.

3. And my favorite, where we spent two weeks every summer for 15 years, the beautiful beaches of Long Beach Island.

So, Mary, no matter what you say, NJ does have a lot to offer, and I'll be back!
Old Jun 1, 2008, 8:44 pm
rj6

im a jersey native currently living in south florida until i get the money to move back up north, i cant stan florida, everything is so far apart, and yea ill agree, i am one of the poeple who goes out to the city and contributes to the whole clogging up lincoln / holland tunnel, but never the bridge, but back to florida, it smells worse than jersey and crime has shot up (Miami), is a bunch of crap with not so much to do and to me, a fake tropical nyc, thats all i have to say about florida besides i plan to be back north by next summer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.