Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New York City
Reload this Page >

NYC No Longer Includes EWR

NYC No Longer Includes EWR

Old Sep 22, 22, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
As someone who is partially based in Manhattan, EWR is just as viable option as LGA or JFK. This is a negative simply because I now have to do two searches for flights rather than one. For me it is mostly pricing out TATL business class flights.

For example Air France is now flying at least once a day to EWR and it is cheaper than JFK. But it might or might not be cheaper than UA or to EWR or BA to JFK, etc. I can see it all today with one simple search to NYC.
Except it turns out that is not the case if you read the replies.
Old Sep 22, 22, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by nerd View Post
Except it turns out that is not the case if you read the replies.
Ok I was reading the OP. I now see some replies, but I don't see anything definitive. But I will see for myself if the flight search tools I use change.
Old Sep 22, 22, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
Ok I was reading the OP. I now see some replies, but I don't see anything definitive. But I will see for myself if the flight search tools I use change.
Thats why its proper etiquette to read a thread before replying. Its pretty definitive if you read and believe the article linked in post #11, though I dont know why one would give any less weight to that than to the original post.
Old Sep 22, 22, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by ijgordon View Post
Thats why its proper etiquette to read a thread before replying. Its pretty definitive if you read and believe the article linked in post #11, though I dont know why one would give any less weight to that than to the original post.
It is an unknown source so of course it cannot be fully trusted. How could you compare some blog with the authoritative information in the OP?
themicah and seanp7 like this.
Old Sep 24, 22, 7:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I don’t welcome this change.

Despite crankyflyer’s claim, I would be very surprised if this splitting of EWR from NYC for fare filing purposes doesn’t have some adverse impact on how much my trips using mileage tickets cost me.

Search this Thread