Wiki Posts
Search

North NJ Pre departure COVID test

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2022, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, MR TE, HH Diamond, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Avis PC
North NJ Pre departure COVID test

Hi folks, looking for some advice on where to get a COVID test done in the north NJ area, at a reasonable cost. My family and I are headed to AKL the end of this month and I am looking for a testing facility where we can get our PCR tests done but with a turnaround time of less than 24 hours. So far the only place I found was Sameday Health that has testing centers in Montclair and Hoboken. They do Rapid PCR tests (16 hours) for $75 each. Wondering if any of you know of others in the area, thanks. Also I am aware that NZ allows 48 hours for a PCR test, but the way our connecting flights are planned means I need results back within 24 hours.

Apologies if this is not the right forum to post, if so, pls move it.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 10:12 am

CVS is free. Since case loads are relatively lower than Omicron right now, you should be able to get it within 24 hours or so.
pigzilla likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
You can probably book the test at CVS far in advance. Another source for test with in advance booking is Quest Lab's. I have a test booked for July already. I got it back last time in less than 2 days, and maybe it was one day
ual744777sta and pigzilla like this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by pigzilla
So far the only place I found was Sameday Health that has testing centers in Montclair and Hoboken.
For what it's worth, I was at the Sameday Health location in Montclair in December, right before the big omicron wave crashed over New Jersey. We were seen basically on schedule and got the results back 12 hours after the test.
pigzilla likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 7:50 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by pigzilla
Hi folks, looking for some advice on where to get a COVID test done in the north NJ area, at a reasonable cost. My family and I are headed to AKL the end of this month and I am looking for a testing facility where we can get our PCR tests done but with a turnaround time of less than 24 hours. So far the only place I found was Sameday Health that has testing centers in Montclair and Hoboken. They do Rapid PCR tests (16 hours) for $75 each. Wondering if any of you know of others in the area, thanks. Also I am aware that NZ allows 48 hours for a PCR test, but the way our connecting flights are planned means I need results back within 24 hours.
That's a great price. I looked up pricing for PCR testing in Manhattan with guaranteed <24h or even <2h turnaround for someone a few weeks back and they were over $200.
Old May 3, 2022, 12:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, MR TE, HH Diamond, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Avis PC
An update on my experience. I ended up getting us tested at 3 different test sites, assuming (correctly) that some sites would return results faster than others. I also did not want to pay hundreds of dollars in rush fees since above posts suggested PCR turnaround of <24 hours. The below is the timeline for my family of 4.

Sameday Health - results returned between 20 - 29 hours after collection (different family members' results came through at different times)
CVS - all results returned together 30 hours after collection
Quest Diagnostics - all results returned together 44 hours after collection

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.