Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New York City
Reload this Page >

Q70 to LGA route changes and Terminal C/D access?

Q70 to LGA route changes and Terminal C/D access?

Old May 2, 22, 11:31 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I wasn't paying too close attention a few weeks ago when I took the Q70; I don't remember making the B Garage stop but it's quite possible I just spaced it out. In any case, here's a few general updates:
  • The new DL headhouse is nearing completion with a "trail opening" apparently scheduled for May 14. Perhaps this will bring better options for the M60 and Q70 bus stops.
  • When exiting the Q70 at C to get to D - turn LEFT (to the WEST) when exiting the bus and cross the road at the stoplight to get onto the walking path to D.
  • The Q70 is now free as of May 1, 2022.
dhammer53 likes this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 2, 22 at 1:22 pm
Old May 2, 22, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian View Post
Bumping this to add a few updates:

. . . .
  • The Q70 is now free as of May 1, 2022.
That's great news, as it will make things a little easier for arriving out-of-towners not familiar with NYC's public transit system. And, except for passengers ending their trip at 74th Street or connecting to the LIRR at Woodside, it should not affect the revenue: people boarding the subway will pay their fare there, instead of paying it to ride the Q70 and getting a free transfer to the subway.
Old May 2, 22, 12:55 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage and New York City

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by krazykanuck View Post
Wrong thread title but didn't want to make a new one.

When arriving on the Q70 and going to Terminal B, is it faster to get off at the first stop that's by the parking garage and walking thru there? or stay on until it actually gets to B, since it makes the whole loop to D/C before stopping at B. I might try it for myself next time, just curious if somebody already knows the answer.
Your post has now been moved to a more specific thread on this topic
/Moderator
krazykanuck likes this.
Old May 2, 22, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA CK 4MM, UA 1MM, DL 1MM
Originally Posted by krazykanuck View Post
Wrong thread title but didn't want to make a new one.

When arriving on the Q70 and going to Terminal B, is it faster to get off at the first stop that's by the parking garage and walking thru there? or stay on until it actually gets to B, since it makes the whole loop to D/C before stopping at B. I might try it for myself next time, just curious if somebody already knows the answer.
I personally always get off at the first stop for terminal B (parking garage) but I usually only have one piece of hand luggage. I think it saves a few minutes but if you have a lot of luggage, the trip maybe cumbersome to terminal B.
Old May 2, 22, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, AC 50K, Hyatt Ist-iest, Starriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sportsguymichael View Post
I personally always get off at the first stop for terminal B (parking garage) but I usually only have one piece of hand luggage. I think it saves a few minutes but if you have a lot of luggage, the trip maybe cumbersome to terminal B.
Thanks, I think I'll hop off at the first stop and try next time. I pretty much always just have my carry on bag and backpack, so nbd.
Old May 6, 22, 4:11 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
For anyone reading who is not familiar with the Q70 route, the "Terminal B Garage" stop shown in the map upthread is displayed as "LaGuardia Rd/94 St" on the bus monitors. In any case, it's the first stop after Jackson Heights/Roosevelt Ave.

I believe there’s only one subway to bus (or vv) free transfer on one swipe of a MetroCard. If so, the free Q70 is a nice thing as I decided to take a well-timed crosstown bus to the E Train in lower Manhattan and then rode it to connect to the Q70 in Queens. Walking from C to D in the rain (the C portion is largely uncovered) was quite refreshing. /sarcasm

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 9, 22 at 5:38 pm

Search this Thread