Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weird Experience at @ T4 JFK Dunkin'

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2021, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Weird Experience at @ T4 JFK Dunkin'

Ordered a cold beverage from Dunkin' at T4 JFK, and requested no ice (cubes). The person taking the order kept asking another person how would that (no ice) work...after 30 seconds of convo between the two of them, she begrudgingly poured the beverage into the cup. Came back and started lecturing me about how I am not supposed to order the cold beverage w/o ice, because, in her words, "I am getting more beverage and should pay extra". Oh, really now, as I thought to myself. She then finished her lecturing and informed me I am lucky she didn't charge me. Ok...

I actually ordered other items from the menu in addition to the cold beverage, but she was way too occupied and outraged with my cold beverage w/o ice order, she completely forgot about other items. Really great customer service

I have ordered thousands and thousands of cold beverage in my life, requested no ice, and never had an issue until today. I guess there is a first for everything.
GlobalMatt likes this.
Old May 15, 2021, 7:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
And you’re probably really glad to get that off your chest! 🤣
TravisMT81, dstan and Blumie like this.
Old May 15, 2021, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by LondonElite
And you’re probably really glad to get that off your chest! 🤣
It's been a rough day, and I am venting...

The experience adds to my negativity view of JFK.
ConstellationClass likes this.
Old May 16, 2021, 6:27 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Repooc17
It's been a rough day, and I am venting...

The experience adds to my negativity view of JFK.
I would rate your experience on the “positive” side for JFK T4, all the rest is downhill.
GlobalMatt and dhammer53 like this.
Old May 16, 2021, 10:55 am

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
You should be grateful for your free side of Karen that Dunkin served you!
Old May 16, 2021, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 4mm / Free Agent / GE / Secret Handshake
In the US, when you order any drink, you get ice and then the left over room in the glass is the actual drink! It's beyond my comprehension why every drink in the US is served with ice or cold. I get weird looks when I ask for water at room temperature. Sometimes, just for kicks, I add - I'm not american with a heavy accent
Old May 20, 2021, 12:40 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jcf27
In the US, when you order any drink, you get ice and then the left over room in the glass is the actual drink! It's beyond my comprehension why every drink in the US is served with ice or cold. I get weird looks when I ask for water at room temperature. Sometimes, just for kicks, I add - I'm not american with a heavy accent
You omitted an important word between with and ice: MOSTLY
Old May 22, 2021, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
On some occasions, in major chains like Dunkin, Starbucks, etc... when I request an iced drink with no ice and light ice, generally the cup isn't full and there is generally a 1 inch gap between the lid and the drink inside the cup.

I guess you were being served by the newest intern of that store.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 7:31 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
As this topic is surely not specific to NYC, we'll close it and let it melt away.
/Moderator
Blumie and Brighton Line like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.