driving infraction in nyc vs nassau county note

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2021, 7:59 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
driving infraction in nyc vs nassau county note

NYC and Suffolk county are under the "adjudication" system, traffic violations are handled by an "administrative law 'judge'" no plea bargains are possible.[Not a court setting and he's not a Judge.]
Nassau county traffic violations are still in the "court" system--there are "lots" them.
In October of 2019 I was driving through a small "hamlet" East Hills, on the main street, there are 10 stop signs about 2 blocks apart, I didn't come to a full stop at one of them (per PO), after an initial postponement and due to COVID closures they scheduled a "plea bargain" telephone conference for April 2021, pay $150, NO points on my DL, my offense was now JAYWALKING.
The EAST HILLS traffic court is located in their "town hall" property, super elaborate amenities for town residents...do the traffic infractions fees pay for all of that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.