NY Quarantine - it's all changing!! [Test Out option as of Nov 4, 2020]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NY Quarantine - it's all changing!! [Test Out option as of Nov 4, 2020]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2020, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Cityflyer10
Anyone have experience with the new test out procedures? Unfortunately I have to be back in NYC early next year and it’s looking like now is as good of time as ever to make the jump back. Planning on flying through EWR but still going to do everything by the book as a responsible resident of this beautiful city
I flew back from MIA the Sunday before Thanksgiving.

First Test
Rapid test at the Miami Beach Convention Center parking lot. Almost no line for walk-ins, while the line for cars was many blocks long. From walking in to receipt of test results (negative) took less than an hour.

Registration
Registered online. Upon landing at LGA there were National Guardsmen handing out forms and asking everyone if they'd registered. Showed my confirmation screen and went home.

Second Test
I interpret the fourth day after arriving as 72+ hours after arriving. But that would have meant Wednesday afternoon, when testing was a pre-Thanksgiving zoo. So I stayed home until Friday, then walked to Penn Station where there was a Department of Health/Health and Hospitals Corporation setup by the Amtrak ticket windows. No line, self-administered nasal swab for PCR test, done in less than five minutes, results (negative) received Sunday. Ended quarantine.

NYC Sheriff
I received three texts and two calls from the NYC Sheriff. I never answered the calls and didn't respond to the texts. The last was 10 days after arriving.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 10:26 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I returned to JFK (from LAS) today, 12/13/20, arriving on DL in terminal T4 at 8:30 pm. There were national guard agents at the gate watching pax fill out the forms--if you did it on-line and had the GREEN checkmark, you were OK. At the end of the terminal (baggage claim) there were more NG agents, I had to show my GREEN CM email again, I'm not sure how they handled pax who had just filled out forms at the gate. One NG agent near baggage claim was SCREAMING at pax; I realize that NYS wants to control COVAD and has set up DRACONIAN (IMHO) rules, but travelers should not be treated in this manner.
On this trip and one a few weeks earlier, COVID testing (before arrival) was not checked.
TravisMT81 and LETTERBOY like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.