Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New York City
Reload this Page >

Purell for sale at LGA?

Purell for sale at LGA?

Old Mar 10, 2020, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM
Purell for sale at LGA?

Forgive the silly question...really...but for anyone who has transited LGA in the last 24 hours, do the small markets in C/D have hand sanitizer in stock? I'm out of small bottles at home...my wife thinks they will be all sold out but people are making supply runs to amazon, costco and target - not LGA. In fact, my bet was that they would have plenty due to decreased leisure travel!

Who's right??
Old Mar 10, 2020, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by royevans75
Forgive the silly question...really...but for anyone who has transited LGA in the last 24 hours, do the small markets in C/D have hand sanitizer in stock? I'm out of small bottles at home...my wife thinks they will be all sold out but people are making supply runs to amazon, costco and target - not LGA. In fact, my bet was that they would have plenty due to decreased leisure travel!

Who's right??
They don't have Purell - they have a CIBO EXPRESS Hand Sanitizer in a spray format. As of this morning the one CIBO shop near Gate D90s had about 10 of them in stock.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
If you have aloe vera gel and high-proof alcohol at home - 90% isopropyl, or 190 proof Everclear - you can mix your own sanitizer at 2 parts alcohol to one part aloe vera gel.

If you're lucky, you have both at home right now. If not, those are all out of stock at stores too.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 8:51 am

Don't waste the Everclear !
Old Mar 11, 2020, 10:22 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by stillontheroad
Don't waste the Everclear !
Eh, I say use the Everclear since that's crappy booze unless you need to clean your engines.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
Eh, I say use the Everclear since that's crappy booze unless you need to clean your engines.
Everclear is only good for jello shots.
TommyD2 likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 6:30 pm

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
If you do get it please use it properly. It must be an abundant squirt and spread/mixed into the entire hand (in between fingers and back of hand). Many use hand sanitizer incorrectly or too little or too quickly to be effective.
Best option is wash hands for 20 seconds which does a better job at killing anything on your hand. Hand S. should be used only if soap and water are unavailable.
Sorry for the soapbox. And don't forget to clean off your electronic devices (smart phone, mouse, etc.) otherwise just retouching nasty stuff with your clean hands
dstan and ConnieDee like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.