Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New York City
Reload this Page >

LGA Terminal B to Q70 to Subway Directions

Old Jan 17, 2020, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor

So if one arrives LGA at Terminal B and wants to catch the Q70 bus to the subway, how is that accomplished? Every time I look now the process has changed. I tried to plan my route using google maps just now and it says take a "purple route" bus to another terminal, then the Q70 bus? When I booked my trip the Q70 bus still stopped at Terminal B. Looks like I should've taken Jet Blue to JFK instead of Southwest to LGA... Help!
Old Jan 17, 2020, 1:11 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Terminal B is the first stop of the Q70 from the Roosevelt Ave subway station. You get on and then get the grand tour of stopping at Terminals D and then C before heading back to Roosevelt Ave.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Terminal B is the first stop of the Q70 from the Roosevelt Ave subway station. You get on and then get the grand tour of stopping at Terminals D and then C before heading back to Roosevelt Ave.
Doing a Google search for "mta q70 terminal b" I am seeing this on one of the results:

"Until further notice, from 11 PM to 5 AM each nightM60 SBS, Q48, Q72 and LaGuardia Link Q70 SBS buses bypass Terminal B"

Not sure if that information is current.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Huh, yes, that's what the MTA service status is showing as well. Looks like it started a couple of weeks ago.
Plus:
"For customers traveling to Terminal B, please transfer to a Purple Route Airport Courtesy Bus at Terminal D."
https://www.laguardiaairport.com/at-...on-airport-bus

It doesn't say what to do for customers arriving at Terminal B. But looking at the map, you'd take the Purple route to D as well. Looks like this route goes B / D / C / 2 local stops off-airport / B. So actually heading TO the airport in this window will add a lot of extra time because of the Purple route routing from D to B.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for several responses regarding public transport at LGA Terminal B. It looks like a total nightmare, so I'm going to book Dial 7. Probably a better plan in mid-winter anyway. I wanted to save about $40 each way from and to LGA, but it looks like far too much of a hassle to get to the subway. Thanks again.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 10:20 am

Programs: AA EP 4MM, UA 1MM, DL 1MM
Originally Posted by Dianne47
Thanks for several responses regarding public transport at LGA Terminal B. It looks like a total nightmare, so I'm going to book Dial 7. Probably a better plan in mid-winter anyway. I wanted to save about $40 each way from and to LGA, but it looks like far too much of a hassle to get to the subway. Thanks again.

It’s a little worse during the week, but I just got dropped off from the Q 70 today (Saturday) and there were two people waiting to board. Just get on the bus and it will circle around to Terminals C and D and then you are off to the subway. I’d save the $40 each way, but that’s just me
Old Jan 29, 2020, 7:59 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
I've renamed the original "LGA question" thread on walking from Terminal B to C where these posts were appended, and have split these posts out into a new topical thread.
/Moderator
ijgordon likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 8:13 am

Programs: Kettle Class
If you aren't arriving after 11pm, the Q70 will be available for boarding right at the Terminal B exit (get your ticket before you board). On average, it takes about 25 minutes to the subways at Jackson Heights/Roosevelt Ave. It's a bit messy, but not as complex as it may sound. The rideshare pickup at Terminal B has its own set of issues, so getting a Dial 7 will not be the most seamless way out of the airport either, while being much more expensive.

Originally Posted by Dianne47
Old Feb 4, 2020, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

So I returned from my trip and here are my observations. I ended up taking a Dial 7 car from LGA to Manhattan. Yes, it was fairly expensive but it was also easy and I knew I would be tired at the end of a long travel day. I walked to the west end of Terminal B, the signage is pretty good. I exited the terminal, turned right, then walked along an enclosed wooden walkway for maybe 100-200 meters. Once there Dial 7 texted me to go to pickup area H. I did have to wait a while for the car, but the ride was straightforward and fairly quick. I was at my hotel one hour after the flight arrived at the gate.

For my return to the airport I took the Airporter bus from the Port Authority Bus Terminal, the ticket was $16, the bus departed on time, and it took one hour to reach LGA and Terminal B is the first stop. The bus also stops to pick up pax near Grand Central. I didn't take the bus from LGA to my hotel because I arrived at 740pm, after the last bus departure of the day. The bus to subway connection was just too convoluted, I've done it before and didn't like it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.