Wiki Posts
Search

cigarettes in LGA duty free

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2019, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA
cigarettes in LGA duty free

I'm flying on AA this week to Canada via LGA and a friend in Canada is asking for a carton but I don't know if the duty free there carries cigarettes? When I try to call their listed number I always get a busy tone.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 8:32 am

The duty free store at LGA is in the new central terminal concourse, with gates 40-59. I don't think AA uses any of those gates, so unless there's a way to have duty free purchases delivered to the AA gates on the other piers (behind different security checkpoints), I don't know if there's any way to make duty free purchases when flying out on AA.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Hmm that's a point I had not considered.. Its too bad they don't have a working phone number to check beforehand - may have to check if they're OK to pay regular cost in the city to guarantee they get it.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Looks like my flight is in terminal B and my current gate is within the range you mentioned. When looking at the LGA map from the AA app, it appears duty free America's is outside the security gate between terminal C and B?
Old Aug 13, 2019, 3:15 pm

According to both LGA's official website (https://www.laguardiaairport.com/at-...s-and-services) and the Duty Free shop's website (https://laguardia.shopdutyfree.com/en/pickup-points) the duty free store is behind security in the Gates 40-59 concourse of Terminal B.

That said, it looks like most of AA's flights to Canada do in fact depart from that particular concourse. I checked the flight status for today's LGA-YUL and LGA-YYZ flights, and it looked like all but one departed from that concourse (one YYZ flight left from Terminal B Concourse D).

(Note that LGA has four Terminals labeled A-D, but within Terminal B there are also four concourses, including three labeled B-D and a fourth that is labeled "gates 40-59")
Old Aug 13, 2019, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

That's great news! Thanks for clarifying for me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.