Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New York City
Reload this Page >

The Complete Guide to EWR / Newark Liberty Airport (2019)

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 5, 19, 2:49 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: dstan
Wiki Link
EWR / Newark Liberty Airport
Members are invited to share general information about EWR here!

https://www.newarkairport.com/
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 5, 19, 10:48 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage and New York City
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC

Back in 2012, a member started a useful thread: The Complete Guide to EWR - Newark Liberty International Airport [OUTDATED]

Unfortunately, the info in the OP is now sorely out dated and the member is no longer around to update it. Accordingly, I'm starting this new thread with the hope that members will contribute current information to the WikiPost.

/Moderator
CosmosHuman likes this.
Old Aug 8, 19, 9:06 am

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Golden Circle Jade
Is there a separate luggage claim area for international arrivals vs domestic arrivals? i.e. SAS (Concorse B3) vs Porter airlines (domestic? Concourse B2)
Old Aug 8, 19, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by cennis View Post
Is there a separate luggage claim area for international arrivals vs domestic arrivals? i.e. SAS (Concorse B3) vs Porter airlines (domestic? Concourse B2)
I believe Porter Airlines are INTL arrivals. No pre-clearance at Toronto-Bishop. Other than that, INTL and domestic will have separate baggage claim as INTL has to be inside of final customs inspection.
Old Aug 14, 19, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G; Le Club Accor Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JimInOhio View Post
I believe Porter Airlines are INTL arrivals. No pre-clearance at Toronto-Bishop. Other than that, INTL and domestic will have separate baggage claim as INTL has to be inside of final customs inspection.
This is correct. YTZ is supposed to get CBP preclearance at some point, but exact date is still TBD.
Old Oct 9, 19, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
Is there a hotel right at EWR?

We will be flying into EWR the evening before our SQ flight the next morning.

What is the closest airport hotel?

One map seems to show the Liberty International right at the airport, but then there is information about shuttle service. If we need to use a shuttle or taxi, then "which hotel" isn't quite so important, and we can choose more on hotel preference rather than specific location in the airport.

I'm thinking of the new Denver airport hotel, where one can just walk across a short walkway, and right into the hotel (pushing a luggage cart as well).
Additionally, there are times I need wheelchair assistance, and in Denver, the assistant has always been able to wheel me right into the hotel. (Yup, nice tip and very sincere "Thank you!")
Is there anything like that at EWR? It didn't quite look that way after all.

(Wheelchair access is not required.)

Thanks!

GC

Last edited by GeezerCouple; Oct 9, 19 at 1:19 pm
Old Oct 9, 19, 2:43 pm

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
Marriott is on the EWR Airport property, but not connected to any terminal (maybe just control tower). No easy walkway. One can exit Term B walk via the daily parking lot area and crossing a few barriers and make it to the hotel. So, in theory you will need to use their van/shuttle service especially if you have bags. EWR (nor any of the NYC airports) is not pedestrian friendly.
All other hotels are off-property requiring a shuttle & some require AirTrain + shuttle service. IMO, use the lodging you have status or lowest cost lodging.
Old Oct 9, 19, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by GeezerCouple View Post
We will be flying into EWR the evening before our SQ flight the next morning.

What is the closest airport hotel?

One map seems to show the Liberty International right at the airport, but then there is information about shuttle service. If we need to use a shuttle or taxi, then "which hotel" isn't quite so important, and we can choose more on hotel preference rather than specific location in the airport.

I'm thinking of the new Denver airport hotel, where one can just walk across a short walkway, and right into the hotel (pushing a luggage cart as well).
Additionally, there are times I need wheelchair assistance, and in Denver, the assistant has always been able to wheel me right into the hotel. (Yup, nice tip and very sincere "Thank you!")
Is there anything like that at EWR? It didn't quite look that way after all.

(Wheelchair access is not required.)

Thanks!

GC
The closest hotel is the Airport Marriott. It is not connected to the airport, but across the parking lot, still on airport property. It is about a 5-10 minute walk at normal pace across the parking lot.
They also have shuttle buses that will pickup and drop off from the various terminal doors of the airport.
Newark Airport Marriott (New Jersey)

All other hotels, you need to access shuttle buses at a bus station point, accessible via the airtrain to and from the airport itself.

Bottom line - Airport Marriott is more convenient than other options, but not connected to airport facility.

Search this Thread