Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK runway construction

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:44 am
Original Poster

JFK runway construction

Port Authority is taking the 13L-31R runway out of service until November for resurfacing. While I'm glad they're investing in maintenance, I'd give this as reason enough to avoid JFK unless necessary. A bunch of Delta Connection flights were cancelled yesterday due to winds and non-intl mainline had an average 2 hour delay. I can't imagine how things will go if there are thunderstorms or early-season snow in Oct/Nov.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 4:05 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by redct
Port Authority is taking the 13L-31R runway out of service until November for resurfacing. While I'm glad they're investing in maintenance, I'd give this as reason enough to avoid JFK unless necessary. A bunch of Delta Connection flights were cancelled yesterday due to winds and non-intl mainline had an average 2 hour delay. I can't imagine how things will go if there are thunderstorms or early-season snow in Oct/Nov.
13L/31R is seldom used - only when the winds and traffic patterns at LGA. Usually arrivals and departures run on the 4s/22s with additional departures on 31L. This will be much less of a disruption than when 31L was resurfaced a few years back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.