Wiki Posts
Search

Taxi Hail at Delta Terminal C & D

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2019, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP 4MM, UA 1MM, DL 1MM
Taxi Hail at Delta Terminal C & D

Arrived at Delta Terminal D tonight (3-10) and found you can no longer get a taxi at Terminal C or D. You now board a shuttle bus that takes you to the Marine Air Terminal to get a cab. Ugh!!!
Old Mar 10, 2019, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Pro tip: hop on the first SBS bus ($2.75) - preferably Q70 (also M60), you can get to a train station within 5-10 minutes. My fastest time was 19 minutes into midtown Manhattan using public transportation.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sportsguymichael
Arrived at Delta Terminal D tonight (3-10) and found you can no longer get a taxi at Terminal C or D. You now board a shuttle bus that takes you to the Marine Air Terminal to get a cab. Ugh!!!
Seriously?!? Two weeks ago it was fine.
What about car service pickup?

Nothing unusual showing on the LGA website, and they're showing 0-1 minute wait times at the C/D pickups.

Maybe it was a very temporary thing, like they were moving large construction equipment through or something.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 6:13 am

Programs: DL DM, GOES
Ping on this question. Current status of C/D taxi/Lyft/Uber pickups? Arriving tomorrow.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP 4MM, UA 1MM, DL 1MM
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Seriously?!? Two weeks ago it was fine.
What about car service pickup?

Nothing unusual showing on the LGA website, and they're showing 0-1 minute wait times at the C/D pickups.

Maybe it was a very temporary thing, like they were moving large construction equipment through or something.
Is it just me??? Arrived last night (3-17) on AA and they were shuttling people on a bus somewhere to get taxis. I had 6 pieces of huge luggage and the dispatcher had a taxi mini van come get me at the cab stand while everyone else had to board the bus. It took about 10 minutes for the cab to get to me. Again like 2 weeks ago, it was a Sunday night. Are they moving construction equipment late at night? Maybe. FYI, I landed at appx 11;45 pm.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
There is a bit more information about this on the Delta Forum, LaGuardia taxi pickup moved to Marine Air Terminal (?) where uber an lyft rides are discussed.

The situation is still in flux and what was true a few days ago may not be true tonight. Meanwhile, the experiences are that the ride shares have done pickups on the departure levels, door 1 at D and door 16 at C. As usual, YMMV.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 6:23 pm

Just arrived at terminal D (Thursday 4/25/19 around 730pm) and saw the shuttle buses for yellow taxis.

BUT they have a new FHV pickup area in between terminals C and D (I think where the taxi staging lot used to be) that is well set up and easily accessed from D (I assume C too). Not sure why they moved the taxis far away and made FHV pickup so much easier but as someone who greatly prefers FHV I’m down with it.

I didn’t request a car until I was outside because the various apps were giving me a choice of pickup areas (L1, L2... Q3, Q4) and I had no idea where those pickup areas would be. But it takes a long time for cars to get to the lot so I’d recommend requesting ahead of time and just choosing a random pickup spot and finding it after your car is on the way.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 7:50 am

Taxi staging lot is now the old Terminal A (Marine Terminal) parking lot that was in front of the terminal best parking for B6 anywhere..
The new Terminal A parking lot is behind and east of the terminal A requiring a long walk or a Port Authority Bust to travel to, no ez-pass or cash credit card only.
The bus driver said there isn't any schedule for the bus just tell any PA Bus driver on the other routes to have them call the bus on the radio.
At Terminal A Sunday, can't wait...
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:32 pm

See below:

https://www.delta.com/us/en/advisori...a-taxi-pick-up
Old Apr 28, 2019, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by themicah
Not sure why they moved the taxis far away and made FHV pickup so much easier
The taxis must be apoplectic.
But, I guess there was a long period of time when only taxis could do pickups at the Central terminal, and car service pickups were in an off-airport location with a shuttle bus. Payback's a bee-yotch, I guess?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.