JFK AirTrain "irregularities"

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2018, 3:31 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
JFK AirTrain "irregularities"

On a few recent trips (dep. JFK around noon): (1) the inner AT loop was NOT in service, so anyone connecting between terminals, (particularly Tx to Ty, where x > y) would have to take a Jamaica or Howard Beach train to Federal Circle and change for an inbound AT--there were NO agents or signs giving instructions. (2) TSA has a shift change around NOON, the AT is standing room only.
Old May 18, 2018, 7:21 am

This is not that unusual, more on weekends or late night when they do track work. Worse when they switch to bus from Federal Circle to Jamacia. Most times when they go to limited service they will add a third car to the train.
If you didn't have a third car I would bet it was a service disruption and not planned maintenance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.