Search

Christmas Lunch New York

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Platinum UK and related Hotel loyalty programs
Christmas Lunch New York

Hi

I know it's months away but I am just doing some research into where to go for Christmas Day Lunch in New York. Budget is not really a concern however we are looking for somewhere that along with good food will have a good Christmas Holiday atmosphere. Does anyone have any suggestions please.

Many Thanks
rob
Old Mar 11, 2018, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Who are the we?
-How many?
-Ages
-general food preferences & limitations.

General timing of the day. Lunch to some is a late breakfast to others.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Here is Eater’s 2017 list:
GadgetFreak and NYCRachel like this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 2:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Who are the we?
-How many?
-Ages
-general food preferences & limitations.

General timing of the day. Lunch to some is a late breakfast to others.
Hi
there is just two of us (a couple)
30s
Mrs does not eat fish but happy to avoid on most menus.
Flexible on most other things. Thinking NoMad restaurant right now the truffle chicken to share sounds perfect for Christmas Day.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by robiles

Hi
there is just two of us (a couple)
30s
Mrs does not eat fish but happy to avoid on most menus.
Flexible on most other things. Thinking NoMad restaurant right now the truffle chicken to share sounds perfect for Christmas Day.
The NoMad would be great choice. You need to make sure they aren't doing a prix fixe menu though (the chicken may not be on it).

Reviewing Eater's 2017 list (you should watch out for the inevitable 2018 list), you may want to also check out Reynard. It's a 10 min subway ride from downtown Manhattan, or an easy/cheap Uber/Lyft ride. I particularly like it at lunch because of its large beautiful windows. It's a favorite of mine when snowing. Ask for a table in the back though, where it is cozier. They recently got a new chef, who is churning out some awesome food: https://ny.eater.com/2017/12/19/1679...ant-review-nyc.

Bonus: you can get a cocktail at their rooftop bar for sweeping views of Manhattan.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
We are typically with relatives for Christmas but always go out for Thanksgiving and the lists above are great when they come out for the new year. Make sure you check that they have a holiday dinner rather than just being open, although most do. We’ve gone everywhere from trendy new places to Michelin 3 stars over the years. But the lists for this year will be a huge time saver in seeing the options. I think the list above is probably very abbreviated I should add. I think there will be many more choices than shown there as options.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 7:02 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Christmas is 9 months in the future--restaurants can change their (holiday) opening/closing days several times that period. Restaurants in hotels should be open at holidays.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 7:12 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My instinct would be a restaurant in a traditional/historic luxury hotel which is likely to have beautiful decorations in the lobby and the restaurant itself. It wouldn't be amazing food, but my first thought in response to your question is the Plaza, although management changes make it not the same as it once was.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
My instinct would be a restaurant in a traditional/historic luxury hotel which is likely to have beautiful decorations in the lobby and the restaurant itself. It wouldn't be amazing food, but my first thought in response to your question is the Plaza, although management changes make it not the same as it once was.

I would wait for the lists......
Old Mar 21, 2018, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions I looked at previous lists and hotels with nice restaurants and emailed a few to check their plans.

Virtually all of them as I expected knew if they would be open or not. It’s not a thing that’s likely to change many times in a year they generally either out or they are not. It’s just a matter of what sort of menu they are going to be offering.

We sre 95% settles on the NoMad restaurant as their whole chicken sounds great. Now just need to wait until they are taking bookings.

Thsvks again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.