Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Food at Madison Square Garden

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2017, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Food at Madison Square Garden

So I'll be going to my first basketball game in a few weeks.

I was wondering what kind of food options are there. I assume the typical hot dogs, beer, popcorn, pretzels, etc.? Anything decent or anything specific I should try?

And how do the vendors work? Like do they deliver to your seat, do they have people walking around taking orders, etc.?

I've been to The Garden before but that was 12+ years ago for WWE Raw. IIRC, we went out to get food during commercials. I'm not sure how it works for basketball games.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 2:35 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
https://ny.eater.com/2016/3/31/11328...uku-carmellini

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Location..._New_York.html

https://www.msg.com/madison-square-garden/food-drink
Old Oct 21, 2017, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

I did read all of that.

I was wondering if anyone on here had any personal recommendations.

I still don't know how the vendor situation works.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
The food is a lot less generic than it used to be, with a number of well-known eateries in NYC offering food. All of it is expensive, and there's not necessarily any one vendor I would recommend, but on balance, it's a better experience now than it was when I was growing up - no doubt about that. Beer selection is also improved a bit.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 7:02 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Rather than fill up on over-priced arena food, I'd try and grab a pre-game bite at one of the places next door at The Pennsy.

http://www.thepennsy.nyc/
Old Oct 22, 2017, 11:32 pm

Fuku is really great.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Rather than fill up on over-priced arena food, I'd try and grab a pre-game bite at one of the places next door at The Pennsy.

I like the way you're thinking. The food at MSG, like at most sports venues, has improved significantly, but it's still overpriced and still just ok at best. Many well regarded eateries operate or lend their names to concessions at sports venues such as MSG, but the food never is nearly as good. (I think in most of these cases the operations actually are run by the big concessions operators, like HMS Host and Delaware North, who license the name and try to replicate the product in mass quantities.)

If you are able to be out late, my preference is to go out after a game, when it's easier to get into hard-to-get-into places and enjoy a quality meal at the bar. The Breslin comes to mind, or a place like Minetta Tavern a little further afield. For hockey fans, hop on the subway down to Warren 77 in Tribeca where you can watch the west coast games while eating better-than-average bar food.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The prices have skyrocketed at MSG while the food options are still unimpressive. Go out afterwards.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:48 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Explorist; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by NYCRachel
Fuku is really great.
Yes, the spicy chicken sandwich from Fuku outside section 119 is a must try.

Otherwise, as mentioned above, you can't go wrong with the offerings at Pennsy next door.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

At the moment, I just plan to have popcorn and possibly a beer just to "experience" the arena atmosphere.

Still wondering how the vendor situation works.

Do they accept credit-cards? I assume yes?

Thanks guys
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes, credit cards are accepted.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian

As soon as I read the name Pat LaFrieda, I know I have to make a trip to the neighborhood. ^
Old Oct 29, 2017, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

I still don't know how the vendor situation works. Like do they deliver to your seat, do they have people walking around taking orders or selling things, etc.?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by maortega15
I still don't know how the vendor situation works. Like do they deliver to your seat, do they have people walking around taking orders or selling things, etc.?
In the very expensive seats, they deliver. Mostly, you go to the concession stand.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
In the very expensive seats, they deliver. Mostly, you go to the concession stand.
All the seats are very expensive! In the "club seats," which are the more expensive ones, you have the privilege of having your $14 crap beer delivered directly to your seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.